By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Miyamoto: PS4/Xbox One "easily $100 more if they came with Gamepad"

The Gamepad is pretty pointless, not really worth it. They would have done better without it.

Off-tv play is the best part by far, and they could have solved that by letting you stream to phones and tablets. Maybe make money off accessories to turn them into Gamepads.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

Around the Network

Nintendo is always trying to explain why their console is so underwhelming (look at their tone). It's just they have to constantly defend themselves of their consoles power, like they didn't see this coming. You can't launch a next next console that is the strength of the current generation. They need to stop being so defensive and go a different route as it's clear they aren't competition for the Playstation 4, nor the Xbox One. They need to make themselves a niche market, just like the Wii did. No clue if they can fix their public perception now. Might be to late.

Can't expect to shoot for the moon and land every time.

Honestly, I'd probably buy a Wii U for $199 without the pad.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Gamepad rocks and I don't give a shit what anyone else has to say about it. I'll even buy the longer lasting battery from Nintendo once they release it in the USA. Sure you might have to plug it in most of the time but with the new extended battery you can get 5-8 hours (instead of the current 3-5 hours).

PS4 camera = 60 dollars
WiiU tablet = 100?

LOL!

Around the Network

I don't care honestly how much it adds on to the price. I'll pick up a Wii U when SMT X Fire Emblem comes out. That and Project X are the only two games I'm excited for on the Wii U, those two games alone justify the price of a Wii U.

Birimbau said:
PS4 camera = 60 dollars
WiiU tablet = 100?

LOL!

What is the joke?  A camera costing less than a controller with a screen?

I like the gamepad and hope Sony turns Vita into a full-blown gamepad (apart from giving it exclusives games obviously). I don't want just remote play (which is awesome for me), but also extra experience while using it instead of the Dual Shock. To me Wii U would be significantly less appealing without the gamepad. Though obviously, the price is way too high to justify the purchase just now. Nintendo has to suck it up, take a bigger hit per console and cut the price by 100$ this year. The cost of parts has probably gone down a bit, so they should be able to do this, especially since now they compete with a $399 PS4. Nothing can justify a $349 price at this point, not even the gamepad.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

sethnintendo said:
Birimbau said:
PS4 camera = 60 dollars
WiiU tablet = 100?

LOL!

But you can do cool things with that camera and you don't need to stay without the controller, with wiiU you need to choose between the pro controller or tablet. Depending on the game, the pro controller is better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvpCdtjTrAo

Birimbau said:
sethnintendo said:
Birimbau said:
PS4 camera = 60 dollars
WiiU tablet = 100?

LOL!

But you can do cool things with that camera and you don't need to stay without the controller, with wiiU you need to choose between the pro controller or tablet. Depending on the game, the pro controller is better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvpCdtjTrAo

I can play games such as MH3U and Zen Pinball on offscreen play.  I'll check out that video later but nothing is going to change my mind about the gamepad being awesome and beneficial to me.  I've enjoyed many hours of Zen Pinball on off screen play.  I actually prefer to play the game on the gamepad than TV screen.  I see a lot more value in the gamepad than a regular controller with a little touch interface and a camera.