By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How is the 360 still leading almost weekly in the U.S?

Amazing library of great games, best online service, XBLA, and cheaper than PS3 too, yes?

Around the Network
bonkers555 said:
green_sky said:
bonkers555 said:
green_sky said:
Cheap and good library of games. The 4GB version goes on sale for $100 - $150 from time to time.

Name me one time that the 4gb version was a $100?

Well the US figures we get are for North America. Here in Canada it was that price during boxing day and many other times before that. I remember seeing it on cheap ass gamer american too but unfortunately i can't find the link. 

Here is an example of Canadian deal website. http://www.redflagdeals.com/deal/computers-electronics/future-shop-xbox-360-4gb-console-99-online-or-19999-100-gift-card-in-store-10-to-halo-4/ It has happened more than once. 

Also do you want me to inform you if i see it again. I am sure you'll love to pick up the new slim 2.0. Looks good. 

Xbox 360 was never just $100. The cheapest it went was $129 during Black Friday. Again I ask when was the last time that the XBOX 360 was $100 in the last 6 months.

I don't know about last 6 months, but it came down to $99 several times in Canada.

spurgeonryan said:

Has there been any big games for a while? Besides Metro, Star Trek, Tomb Raider, and Bioshock?

The 3DS has 2-4 huge recent hits, yet is still behind it.

Then it seems that most gamer's thoughts on the Xbone are not good, yet the 360 is still winning in the U.S weekly.

What is going on?

One consoles success (the 360) has nothing to do with the failure of the subsequent console (xbox one) for starters just like the ps2 sales/momentum had no effect on the ps3's sales cause of their blunders with the ps3 launch. The reality is america is microsofts stronghold, and why they may win the battle for america they have lost the war, because sony has a global 3 territory strategy (japan, europe, and america) vs microsoft who has to constantly over perform in america just to stay competitive globally, and as a result sony has caught up/overtaken them at the end of the console cycle with sony clearly in the lead to finish this gen off.   

The same reason why it is also constantly selling good in Europe: price, great library.

JusSayian said:
I have no idea but sony should be leading its their birth right

QFT! 

Around the Network

The "living in a nuclear sub" market must be bigger than we think.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Cheap and huge ass library of games along with the continuous support.

It's just that simple.

America is shooter land as shown by game sales, as well as strong brand power.

People want what their friends have. Most of my friends have a 360. But it's not leading, 3DS was the leader last month. VGChartz tracking is a little off.

success creates success.

late adopters tend to buy the system that their friends already have so they can do things like trade games.