By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii games – A Recommendation List

updated: bully scholarship edition.

Around the Network

Kororinpa Marble Madness under puzzle.

Also, DQS is not a good game.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

How are we judging if the game is crappy/great (besides the really obvious ones)?

I'm guessing like using the scores of gamerankings.com?

Loved the Godfather, it's the best version of the game. You can actually punch, grab people and shake them, the controls are spot on. I can't imagine how big a GTA game would be with that control scheme.

Scarface..... meh.

Glad to see MLB, Galaxy Wars, Mercury Meltdown, Medal of Honor:Heroes 2 on this list. The multiplayer in MOH is the best so far on the Wii (This may change with the release of Brawl.)

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

@Rol : I would never be interested in Bully either, but there does seem to be a large amount of people who really feel it is a quality game. It's just not for me.

Just because you like or dislike a game doesn't make it the "best of the Wii" or not. I have Nights, there is no way it belongs on this list.

BAM! There it is!

Around the Network

I disagree, I don't think Nights, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Tomb Raider Anniversary are the best of the Wii. I've played,and like, them all. But I think it's my personal taste on those titles, I would not tell the people looking here (most likely new Wii owners) to buy these in the mix of their first Wii games.

Not sure I would include Bully either (I would say Godfather for Open World, and RE4), but I have not played Bully to criticize it.

BAM! There it is!

RolStoppable said:
radioioRobert said:
I disagree, I don't think Nights, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Tomb Raider Anniversary are the best of the Wii. I've played,and like, them all. But I think it's my personal taste on those titles, I would not tell the people looking here (most likely new Wii owners) to buy these in the mix of their first Wii games.

Not sure I would include Bully either (I would say Godfather for Open World, and RE4), but I have not played Bully to criticize it.

As of now, the recommendation list has several so-so games. I mean games that you would recommend if someone is really interested in the genre, but otherwise you would say "no, get something else or wait for a better game, it isn't that good".

Of course over time this will get sorted out, but right now we have to deal with some these so-so games. So if we are going to add games like Elebits and Bully, we also can put TRA, Sonic and NiGHTS on the list.

I think this is a problem.  Right now the list seems to be more of "Here's what's in each genre that's not shovelware" versus a "Here are the really awesome games of this genre."

okay, i feel like addressing several issues people have posted above.

when choosing games i rely heavily gamerankings.com but i also read at least 2-3 reviews to understand why a score was given not just the raw number. For your reference there are currently 4 games with 90% or better and 16 games with 80% or better. I have been adding some "mediocre" games (less than 80%) as well for one of two reasons.
A) because the genre currently doesn't have much for great games (Dragon quest swords, MySims) because an empty list is pretty pointless. i intend to remove some of these games once more games come along that are better but I want at least something in each genre. At least you can find a decent game in the genre in a sea of horrible games.
B) the game is in a genre in which all games get poor scores. Wii Sports only has 76% but I think we can all agree that this is a very important game for the wii. This is mostly important in the Casual and Party game genres.

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/simpleratings.asp

...and please don't get upset if you particular favorite games aren't on this list. @Rol - bully is in the top 10 highest rated Wii games while Nights is at 71 with 68%. Personally I hate anything Rockstar makes but I'm not making this list just for me cause otherwise I'd call this "Kitler53's personal favorite Wii games". I'm trying to be as fair as possible but this is a very subjective task that everyone is certain to find exceptions to the list. MySims, DDR, Elebits, Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Quest Swords, Excite truck are all games that I am hoping to remove from the list someday. But as it stands - they are games with much better reviews then other games in their genres.

okay - food getting cold. i'll check back here tomorrow for any more complaints. xD

Awesome work, looks very nice and professional. My only gripe is the non-game thing next to the casual titles.

That kind of seems like an oxymoron in a "Game recomendation thread"

resident evil uc
bully
nmh
super paper mario

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99