By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anti-"Gamers" who hate other systems/games should not be called gamers

This is seriously getting so annoying to read all the hate towards something, especially with these so called "gamers" saying stupid stuff like this.  What ever happened to liking a game/system because you were a gamer?  Now its:

Xbox Fanboy: Zomg the PS3 SUX!!!!

Wii Fanboy:  Our system is the best cuz it's innovative!!!

PS3 Fanboy: **** Halo and the 360!

Wtf happened to everybody?  It's impossible to have a actual good conversation with a gamer without the fanboy coming out saying stupid ****. 

Around the Network

The Wii quote you used doesn't seem to contain any significant levels of hate.

Hmm, says I.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

What if the system really really sucks.

Not that any current system does, or has for quite a while, but if you want me to start liking the CDi after what they did to poor fucking Zelda and Mario...

Acually true gamers hate everything that bring ppl joy.

ROFL

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

welcome to life?

Around the Network
Rath said:

Not that any current system does, or has for quite a while, but if you want me to start liking the CDi after what they did to poor fucking Zelda and Mario...

Even then you should be able to appreciate the CDi for attempting to use disc based media and aquiring popular franchise characters.

Too many people call themselves gamers  when really they just like to play games.  They don't really have an overall appreciation of gaming so much as a love for "their" types of games... and as such tend to attack other consoles or even other games on their console because they are insecure that people will stop catering to them. 

Kasz216 said:
Rath said:

Even then you should be able to appreciate the CDi for attempting to use disc based media and aquiring popular franchise characters.

Too many people call themselves gamers when really they just like to play games. They don't really have an overall appreciation of gaming so much as a love for "their" types of games... and as such tend to attack other consoles or even other games on their console because they are insecure that people will stop catering to them.

I was just kidding really =P

I never played the CDi actually and the videos do give me one helluva laugh.

I think you're right in saying that the only qualification for being a gamer is not just to play games but to appreciate games. 

weezy said:
Acually true gamers hate everything that bring ppl joy.

ROFL

And that's why I hate weezy.

Curse you and your jolly ways!

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I have no strong feelings one way or the other.

I agree with you kasz, i mean sure i have my "leanings" towards systems, but its not because of any inherent greatness in the system, its usually just based on whatever game i'm playing at the time (and then only if its for that system).

For instance, I LOVE my 360, cuz it has allowed me to play mass effect, dead rising, and so on.

But i also LOVE my PS3, because it has allowed me to play uncharted, Heavenly sword and what have you.

and my Wii...well...it it just sits there.....

but not for long since i like playing no more heroes and SMG =)

Bottom line is as a gamer i agree with you, there should be no hate for ANY system, but hey you're always gonna have luddites on either side of the fence

(you think system wars are bad, you should see some of the raging fights that go on in the P&P RPG forums... now THOSE can get vicious, although they are more well thought out arguments, in general, then system wars forums)