By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Top 10 Non Bundled 360 Vs Wii

Aj_habfan said:
360 is very strong with software, but I have to say: Enjoy it while it lasts

The first-party statistic is pretty interesting though, hopefully that can change for Wii.

hopefully it can change, but i seriously doubt it.

Nintendo first party is what makes its consoles, for the most part.

its past consoles aren't exactly known for their third party support that produce a lot of AAA games... 

Around the Network
___O_o______ said:
Aj_habfan said:
360 is very strong with software, but I have to say: Enjoy it while it lasts

The first-party statistic is pretty interesting though, hopefully that can change for Wii.

hopefully it can change, but i seriously doubt it.

Nintendo first party is what makes its consoles, for the most part.

its past consoles aren't exactly known for their third party support that produce a lot of AAA games...

Now that's where you're just plain wrong. Remember the days of NES and SNES? Third parties will flock back on the Wii.

edit. Actually, some already have.

I think it's not fair to exclude Wii Play. You include Wii Fit but not Wii Play? Where's the logic in that? It's not that every Wii-mote comes with Wii Play!

totalwar23 said:

Um..No, it doesn't make up for it. Third parties had a lot more time on the 360 and they know what works and what doesn't work-as appose to the Wii. Not to mention most of the games on the 360 had a lot more time to accumulate sales. So an extra 3 million doesn't make up for it.

Precisely what I was going to say.  You can't nip an argument in the butt unless your counter-argument makes sense.

But let's take a look at these lists, since this can still be instructive.

The Wii and 360's lists are both topped by their two undeniably massive games, Halo 3 and GOW on the 360, Mario and Zelda on the Wii.  They both also have GH3.  Then on 360 we have a third-person adventure, an RPG, Madden, and 4 FPS games.  On Wii we have a third-person adventure, an RPG, Mario and Sonic, and 4 minigame collections.  Is it any wonder that the 360 is known for being "all FPS" and the Wii "all minigames?"

Yeeaaah, the 360 being out for a year longer is absolutely logically a major factor in its games selling more. To deny that is pretty foolish.

What your totals really just say is that Nintendo is doing pretty stinking well for itself right now.

And you have to remember - Wii Play American sales are nonbundled, with Wii Sports Japanese sales being nonbundled. You can't just exclude those - you've got to instead subtract the bundled numbers from their totals. I'm not sure which is bundled in other PAL regions.

That goes for Forza 2 and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance as well... but that's a lot harder to pull off, since both are still available as non-bundles in regions where they're already bundled together.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

@Entroper: After SMBB and Mario Kart Wii, Mario Factory will be a better fit. Also I'm expecting alot of RPG's to nestle in the top 50 sooner or later. I can't see a lot of games on the 360 that will change the image of the all FPS thing though.

Wait you guys are saying the 360 had time to accumulate sales, well if you look at the list 3 of the top 4 games for the 360 were just released in the last few months.
So please explain your reasoning again on whol the 360 games have had more time to sell while the main games to give them the high software sales for the top ten were just released?????????????????

Someone please answer my question Please

You should have included Wii Sports Japan's number 2.77 mil since it was not bundled there.

With Wii Play, Wii's total is 36.2M, btw.

Wii Sports, Wii Play and different launch periods do make a comparison unscientific.

But its still pretty illustrative. It shows how much shooters are thriving on 360, how much mini-games are thriving on Wii, and how GH thrives anywhere. A difference can be seen in first vs third party success, as well as exclusive vs non-exclusive games. Good stuff.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.