By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The non-Halo three million plus seller. The 360 should be proud

I think that's guaranteed Steve. Launches aligned, the 360 is currently tracking above the Xbox in every single market. And no, it isn't by that much, but I think at this point in the game it still has more weapons in it's arsenal than the original box did.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

it should do another 8m this year, thats 24m what the xbox had. plus xbox by this time was like $199, isnt historically 70% of sales achieved below 200 Price point?

say it drops to $200 at 20m and continues the trend of 70% sales after that, that is 65m in sales, now it wont get that high, but it will have an extra 2 years of sales than the xbox 4 yrs vs 6 yrs

say it reaches xbox sales (24m at end of 08) and xbox 3 isnt released until holiday 2011 thats 3 more years of sales, it is currently averaging like 7.5m per year, thats another 22.5m so it is looking at over 45m which would be massive success and increase over the original

i think by the end of its life span xbox 360 could have 15 3mil sellers

expect to see

halo wars,
fable 2,
gow 2,
guitar hero 3,
call of duty 5,
gta 4,

and long shots but possibilities

ninja gaiden 2,
rock band,
mass effect,
too human

^ i think banjo 3 might also have a shot if the game is good.

I just played COD4 for the first time yesterday on the 360. Great game. well deserving of the sales.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

Even coming from a hardcore Sony boy: Kudos Microsoft and the Xbox family.

stof said:
I think that's guaranteed Steve. Launches aligned, the 360 is currently tracking above the Xbox in every single market. And no, it isn't by that much, but I think at this point in the game it still has more weapons in it's arsenal than the original box did.

Well, the 360 will definitely last longer than the Xbox. And right now, it's tracking almost a year ahead of its predecessor and the gap is only getting bigger. I think it's safe to say that it will outsell the Xbox handily.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

fabledgamer said:
^ i think banjo 3 might also have a shot if the game is good.

Banjo Kazooie doesn't have the slightest chance selling 3m on a fpser console. Where most owners are age 15 -30 that probably think it's a kiddy game. No matter how good the game is, if it's not on Wii it won't sell 3m.

Shissy - To be fair by that assumption - then Assassain's Creed shouldn't be past the 3m mark. But it is.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

gotta say that shissy is right, banjo will bomb

I still can't understand what is so cool about selling 3x the copies of a game if you have 3x the userbase. (cue 360 fanboys)

Also, I think its a given the 360 will do WAY better than the XB did. (hey, it always helps to have more than 2 games to make you want to buy a console, and the 360 has a lot more than two AAA exclusives...)

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it