By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Can Xbox One start fresh?

It will do ok, but I think Sony has the edge in this launch in everywhere but America. But SOME OF THE CONSUMERS of America will buy the One outta of blind loyalty to MS and american brands, not because they sat and thought about it (like I did).
It will probably be like this (updated prediction with base on the 3:2 preorders at Amazon, which favors PS4):
America (USA):
XBOX ONE: 50%
PS4: 40%
WiiU: 10%
(15 million consoles sold in the first year overall)

Europe:
PS4: 55%
XBOX ONE: 35%
WiiU: 10%
(20 million consoles sold in the first year overall)

Japan:
PS4: 70%
WiiU: 28%
Xbox One: 2% (Imports).
(6 million consoles sold in the first year overall)

Brazil and latin America (mostlly Brazil):
PS4: 50%
XBOX ONE: 47%
WiiU: 3% (Imports).
* Brasil numbers will be around 2 million consoles overall for the first year of the whole next gen.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

with their PR acting like douches.. let no one forget!

JEMC said:
Let me put it this way:

Microsoft's main thing is their OS, and with Win 8 they launched an OS with a User Interface that most people no only don't like, but want it gone. Their answer is putting back a start button that does nothing to resolve the biggest problem.

If they do that on one of their more important sections, do you really think they will change anything about the X1?

Haha, you make a good point xD

First impressions are everything, and the first impression of the XB1 came from Adam Orth. I can't help thinking that without him, everything would have gone down a lot better.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

Imaginedvl said:
Tomothebarbarian93 said:

I was just wandering, due to all the negative press on the new xbox, if it would be possible for them to drop all the DRM and start fresh?

Do you think they are in too deep to turn back?

Would it be possible to drop it all even after launch?

Because if they have servers for 'extra cloud power', and systems being made for retailers to enable the sale of games, can they change things quickly enough to make an impact or improve there image?

Personally, i think not, not within launch anyway

Well, they dominated the E3 in term of games (and they did not spend the majority of their time to show multiplatform games).
So if they really wanted to drop (I doubt it); the impact would be very positive !

True but most of those games are so far away that it makes it a moot point. I mean it's good to know that they have a lot of good games coming, but what are we gonna play at launch (well me I'd be playing Killer Instinct all day everyday. that game is soo good).

Around the Network

No the brand has been hurt. Honestly this has been the worse month of PR for a company Ive seen in the history of this industry.

That being said the console will not flop this holiday season. It will actually be very successful. Still the days of MS dominating Sony in NA are over.

SnakeEyez said:
Imaginedvl said:
Tomothebarbarian93 said:

I was just wandering, due to all the negative press on the new xbox, if it would be possible for them to drop all the DRM and start fresh?

Do you think they are in too deep to turn back?

Would it be possible to drop it all even after launch?

Because if they have servers for 'extra cloud power', and systems being made for retailers to enable the sale of games, can they change things quickly enough to make an impact or improve there image?

Personally, i think not, not within launch anyway

Well, they dominated the E3 in term of games (and they did not spend the majority of their time to show multiplatform games).
So if they really wanted to drop (I doubt it); the impact would be very positive !

True but most of those games are so far away that it makes it a moot point. I mean it's good to know that they have a lot of good games coming, but what are we gonna play at launch (well me I'd be playing Killer Instinct all day everyday. that game is soo good).

I agree, they are far away. But they can still use this and do a good job on the PR side at least (they failed so much lately :))

I expect they actually will by doing a console revision in about two years

BenVTrigger said:
No the brand has been hurt. Honestly this has been the worse month of PR for a company Ive seen in the history of this industry.

That being said the console will not flop this holiday season. It will actually be very successful. Still the days of MS dominating Sony in NA are over.

It was pretty brutal, yes, it will have consequences, yes. But they will be ok. Good games coming, some interesting exclusives and profit is a sure thing for MS.

But, SONY will win this launch, I am very sure of that now.

In other note, there are dozens of youtube videos defending MS, interesting to see how they bend reality to do so. Nothing against them, but, it was a PR disaster, there is no way to deny that.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

BasilZero said:
In order to start fresh , one must start first.

Amazing point: launch at September would give it a nice little boost.