By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - American/Japan updates

So are the american charts now being updated every 3 days after the week ending? (week ending for report)
And what about the japanese charts? is there a 1-2 day delay there?

Just two simple questions i would love to be answered =)

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

Japanese charts should be updated every Thursday, as the corresponding Media Create / Famitsu charts are released. This week may be a little late, due to Golden Week.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

ya but it's wednesday now :D, but of course I live in europe so america has yet to wake up :D

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Why no Japanese charts today?

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Golden Week

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Around the Network
vanguardian1 said:
Golden Week

That's only Famitsu and Media create, doesn't VGchartz have its own data?

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

For NA yes, but I'm pretty sure that Japanese numbers are based on MediaCreate

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

I asked ioi earlier if he would update the Japanese data despite golden week delaying M-Create..and he said he would update it.  We'll see what happens.  I think it will go up tommorow.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

i thought it was NOT golden week after all? and usually it's up mid-day over in France, so i have a few hours left till then to pretend i really  work...

no, the numbers are delayed because it is golden week NOW, and everyone is on vacation i'm sure.  Meaning that the numbers from last week (the week before golden week) are going to be delayed. 

Numbers will be released for golden week at there normal time i believe, but at that time golden week will have been over.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X