By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official Super Bowl XLII Discussion!

RolStoppable said:

The Giants won and rightfully so. An awesome play of Manning when he escaped and then was able to throw a complete pass.

Now is the time to thank the people who made this triumph of the Giants possible. Words Of Wisdom, thank you for rooting for the Patriots.

That was simply unbelievable.  He just wanted it, and he was not about to go down without a fight.

Around the Network

Ha! My friend bet his cousin $500 that Patriots would win!!

JHawkNH said:

What a game to watch. Now that was an exciting end.

P.S.  I did see the Toshiba commercial.  I think it was during the halftime show.  $149.99.  I am going to get one.

well that means that barely no one watched the commercial. No one watches at half-time unless the hear music while they make/get their food and crap so basically the commercial was a waste of money.

btw dont get it, HD-DVD is dead.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Damn that game had me on the edge of my sit. It wasn't lookin' good for the Giants but they pulled through in the end.

More important than the Patriots loss, it was a great game, and probably one of the best Super Bowl games the past few years, which is a great thing for American Football.

Around the Network

The win reminded me of Burress' Super Bowl prediction and Tom Brady chuckling over it. It just goes to show a person that even what seems like a sure thing can sometimes have a surprising outcome.

http://www.ktvu.com/superbowl/15183873/detail.html

Brady Responds To Burress' Game Prediction
Giants WR Says New York Will Defeat Patriots 23-17

POSTED: 6:44 am PST January 31, 2008

PHOENIX -- Tom Brady doesn't think much of Plaxico Burress as a prognosticator.

"The New England Patriots quarterback chuckled while discussing Burress' prediction Tuesday of a 23-17 Super Bowl win for the Giants Sunday at University of Phoenix Stadium. Brady was surprised the Giants receiver thought the Giants would hold the Pats to 17 points, which would be a season-low for New England. The NFL Most Valuable Player said he wished Burress had predicted a 45-42 score and given the Patriots a little credit for scoring more points.

The Patriots set a league record with 589 points, including 38 in their win over the Giants in the regular-season finale."

This ruined my day. On every other day, the Patriots dominated, but they could not pull it off when it mattered most.

And what was up with that 1 second remaining thing that was lame.

Excellent.

The Patriots deserved to lose.

I don't even like football, but I made $150 off this game.

Its just odds.  Even if the Patriots are favored to win 80% of the time in a game vs. an opponent played 100 times, playing 19 games put their odds at winning this final game at about 1% after winning the previous 18 games.  Thats my logic - without paying attention to or liking football at all. 

Alot of the wiser writers accurately predicted this as well - one general sports writer who I respect alot - Mike Celzic - called it over a week ago. 

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu