By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - POST E3 poll: Will you buy Xbox One?

Will You BUY Xbox One

Yes 138 17.67%

No 585 74.90%

Still... Undecided 57 7.30%

Total:780

@dj evolve: Don't kid yourself. I've lurked these forums for years and in the past it was more pro-xbox 360 than Sony...

just because you are on the minority side of opinion does not mean everyone on the other side is just a fan boy (not the you insinuated that here, but I have seen your other posts and you imply or outwardly say that is what you think)

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

Around the Network

I WANT to get it, but the X1 policies and restrictions are making it extremely difficult.

papamudd said:
@dj evolve: Don't kid yourself. I've lurked these forums for years and in the past it was more pro-xbox 360 than Sony...

just because you are on the minority side of opinion does not mean everyone on the other side is just a fan boy (not the you insinuated that here, but I have seen your other posts and you imply or outwardly say that is what you think)

I would have to disagree. i have been here since 2006 but didn't create a account until 2007. I always paid attention to pulls. It was always favored 2/3rd's sony.

@dj evolve: I'll give you the benefit of the doubt there. As time and memories easily overlap and I didn't monitor the polls just mostly comments on articles and threads of interest when I visited the site. Overall on t3h in7erw3bs their has been a majority of voice pro-x360. Fanaticism is prevalent on both sides though. From what I have witnessed M$ people have felt and spoken in a more entitled (spoiled) voice IMO, and have majorly been the louder voice. What I've also seen is PS user's telling other PS users to "STFU quit crying" when fan boy threads get created. While I believe there are always valid points from both sides, (and overwhelming fanatics whining), I don't think currently it is a clear cut as a fan boy warfare as you have previously implied as the occurrence in the current situation.

Furthermore, I do see both sides of the fan boy stating ignorant things about 1 console or the other. There are a lot of vocal X360 fans out there vehemently advocating the legitimacy of the X1 policies versus PS4. Honestly, the X1 policies wouldn't hurt me as a consumer at all, but I do speculatively foresee a limit to which X1 will succeed globally and act as a detrimental factor to the industry (pro-consumer) overall. I don't approve of MS methodology and honestly do think a little less of Xbox owners in general in regards of gamer IQ, but what really matters in gaming is the fun factor and I cannot argue with someone's enjoyment level. If you love MS 1st party exclusives, have a higher priority on your personal enjoyment than others (Objectively, forget anyone else but you IS fair, forget the politics and socio-economic bs, GAMING IS MEANT TO BE FUN), and/or like the multi media features that is AWESOME!!! MS is lucky to have your support.

However, I think objectively in regards to gaming and what MS is doing will not only hurt the consumer (if it does better than PS4), but also the industry in regards to gaming forever. The market place is changing and consoles may not have much time left. DRM is not helping anything at all honestly, save for a few publisher non-gamer minded consciousness's who could care less for the consumer.

Again I do not refute your previous post, and the lack of fanboyism is the reason why I finally registered. I disagree with my friends about all sorts of issues, but we are still friends and have open convos about controversial issues. VG has one of the most impartial forums I've seen, and I have been looking around.

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

No interest at all but that doesnt mean I couldnt pick one up late for a couple exclusives down the road. Their strongest titles are third party and I dont think any of my friends are getting the Xbone anymore because most are switching back to Playstation. They only care about price and multiplats like the majority anyway which Sony basically slaughted MS in. It didnt help that the PS4 will have better graphics while being $100 cheaper. Casuals will not pay $500 for this.

Around the Network

It's a definitive NO. I was looking at the possibility of switching platforms next-gen but Microsoft has made that impossible for me.