By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One check-in will need "kilobytes, not megabytes"

thx1139 said:
Another way to make it work.

Smartglass App for SmartPhones talks to the Xbox One. It can gather the data needed from the Xbox One. The SmartGlass App then connects to the licensing service sends and gets responses and hands back to Xbox One. Licensing service gets what it needs. Xbox One gets what it needs.

They should definately make this.  It should be realy easy to verify through your Smart Glass on phone or tablet (some tablets are 3-4G)

One of my friend's places has terrible wifi, but you can get some cell service there. (Well, since last year.)

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network
Daisuke72 said:
DJEVOLVE said:
If you don't own a phone, you don't need to own a system.

So if I don't own a smartphone, I don't need to own a Xbox One? Not all Smartphone can easily be tethered by the way, and some carriers don't allow apps to tether the phone when there's a hotspot plan available to you.

So you can't afford a smart phone with tethering but you can afford a Gaming system?

nightsurge said:
kitler53 said:

iphone and verizon.  it most definetly is not free regardless.

If you looked into it, I'm sure you would find a free tethering app. I don't have an iPhone but I would find it hard to believe they would have no free options when android has tons. Do you still have unlimited data? Because if you don't, then you have a new share everything plan which includes free hotspot usage by default. 

Either way I'm sure you could find a free tethering option unless Apple blocks all those types of apps. 

i'm not sure about apps.  i know i looked into it when i was at the verizon store when my wife switch back in october.  verizon told me tethering options would cost me $20 a month.   i think it's because i have an unlimited dataplan.

..and it's not like i would need to tether myself, i have internet.  that's not really the point i guess.  it's just dumb to have ask your customers to do workarounds to make their product work and the workaround won't work for everyone.  to the best of my knowledge non smart phones can't tether either.  there are tons  of those left especially among the less wealthy.

Still shouldn't be necessary for single player games.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

DJEVOLVE said:
Daisuke72 said:
DJEVOLVE said:
If you don't own a phone, you don't need to own a system.

So if I don't own a smartphone, I don't need to own a Xbox One? Not all Smartphone can easily be tethered by the way, and some carriers don't allow apps to tether the phone when there's a hotspot plan available to you.

So you can't afford a smart phone with tethering but you can afford a Gaming system?

...... So if I don't have tethering on my smartphone, which ISN'T allowed on some carriers without the contract, you expect me to pay more monthly just in case my gaming system went out? That's fucking silly. I would have no use for tethering, and I'm damn sure ain't gonna pay more monthly on my phone bill for Xbone.