By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One family sharing works with friends!

We will find out at Gamescom most likely when MS will reveal a few more exclusives as well.

Around the Network

Right now there is A LOT of hear say in this thread. Microsoft has posted some basic rules, but there are still a lot of details that can make or break what they are doing. I'm on the fence.

500 dollar price tag doesn't help either. At this rate, i'll be happy to wait 3-6 months before buying this console and kill 2 birds with one stone. More titles released, and no more guessing as to whats what with this DRM stuff.

g911turbo said:
Right now there is A LOT of hear say in this thread. Microsoft has posted some basic rules, but there are still a lot of details that can make or break what they are doing. I'm on the fence.

500 dollar price tag doesn't help either. At this rate, i'll be happy to wait 3-6 months before buying this console and kill 2 birds with one stone. More titles released, and no more guessing as to whats what with this DRM stuff.

I'd say the information is quite clear, it seems some people just don't want to believe the DRM can actually provide benefits like this.

slowmo said:
g911turbo said:

I'd say the information is quite clear, it seems some people just don't want to believe the DRM can actually provide benefits like this.

Said the guy in a halo MC suit.  LOL

Even Microsoft employees are saying that more details are coming, etc.  I'm not saying it will be bad, I'm just saying details are still pending

if people buy this thing it will be 5 family members next gen...im not giving them an inch on this crap

Around the Network
thranx said:
i have to ask who is Mehdi or the source?

He`s that Yusef guy. He was the one talking at the press conference and unveiled the new xbox 360 design.

as for this news...I`m almost 100% on board for Xbox One at this point after discovering this news. 24 hour online check be damned! I have a good connection so that don`t bother me.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/license

That link also confirms it plus confirms the fact that we can sell and trade used disc based games as well. The only thing I need now is a way to still use stuff like Gaemfly on Xbox One which they have stated that game rental is something they are still ironing out and that may not be available at launch.

All in All...as long as you have decent internet or you can use your phone as a mobile hot spot and you also like the games shown for Xbox One then you really shouldn`t have any issue with purchasing the system.

It does suck that some people interested in the system may not be able to experience it due to it being an online centric console but I am starting to see why Microsoft mentioned that this is a system designed with the future in mind and that once people actually get their hands on it, the fears about it being online centric will start to fade.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

This is actually really good news! Now all they need to do is lower that price and have a very good marketing campaign and I think the Xbox One could have a nice launch in terms of sales.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

g911turbo said:
Azerth said:
g911turbo said:
Azerth said:
So for comparison. ps4 I can give my game to someone to play but I can't play it
With the x1 me and 10 others can share the all our games and I can still play it as long as no one else is

Uh, skewed a bit.  Let me return the favor:

PS4 you can share your physical disc with unlimited other people to play, but you cannot play simultaneously.

Xbox One (according to THIS report, seems to change weekly) you can share your game [via library] with only 10 other people, but you cannot play simultaneously.

See what I did there?

Ok you caught me lol I'm Sry

But I think on the x1 the one who buys the game can access it no matter what, its the ones who are using the shared the game that only one can play at a time

Hmmm.  I didn't interpret it that way.  I guess, per Microsoft, we'll just have to wait and see!  They keep dragging out details, giving slightly conflicting reports, etc.  What does that really tell you?   Cmon.  Think about it.

I think they are getting a little more backlash then even they anticipated, and are making changes etc.  Trying to figure out a way to get this to a point where it's "acceptable enough" for peole to actually buy the console.

it`s on www.xbox.com even. http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/license

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Adinnieken said:
g911turbo said:

How does the policy HELP sales?

I never said it would help sales.  I don't think it's any different than loaning a disc out. 

Loaning a disc out doesn't hurt sales nor does it necessarily help sales.  If the person who got to play the game liked it, they'll buy it, but if they can't be bothered buying it then they won't.

Same will hold true with lending a digital copy.  Someone may like the game a lot and want to buy it after playing it.  If they do, there is a sale, but if they don't, there isn't. 

It's a 1:1. 

DRM may be a giant dildo up the anus, but with a good amount of lube and a little patience, it actually feels quite good.  Or to put it less poetically, DRM doesn't have to be painful.  It can give you as good of an experience as having a physical disc can.

The difference is there is no risk or effort involved in lending this way. Just a simple family friend tag on your friends list. No having to meet up or mail the disc, no risk of it getting damaged in the mail or by your friend, no need to ask for it back. Instant and risk free lending all accross the country, it's far from 1:1 to lending discs.

If 10 people can share all there games together is true it will definitely hurt the sale of single player games.
'Hey can you family friend me for a couple of days so I can play your Tomb raider campaign and you can play my Bioshock infinite campaign?"
Just browse through your 1000 member friend list to find someone who has a game you want to play and doesn't have one of yours.

Sounds too good to be true. It also sounds like they are still making it up as they go along.
I would wait a year before stepping into the xbox one to see how it all turns out with owning, sharing and trading games.

Really good news if true. While DRM sucks, at least I can let my friend play any game of my collection.

It's just that simple.