By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Downloading videos from youtube then saving to your pc?

the websites people told me to use are:

- video codezone

- vixy.net

- zillatube

- moyea youtube downloader

- savetube

1st question: which is the best overall?

2nd question: once im ready to convert which output format is best suited to play? - audio video interleave (.avi) - motion picture expert group (.mpg, .mpeg) - mpeg-4 (.mp4) - mpeg4 mov (.mov)

Around the Network

Neoretix TubeHunter Ultra, none above, none on par!
My best recommendation!

Edit: The downloaded video will be FLV mostly, which plays without problems in Media Player Classic on standard codecs! But remember to regsistrate the TubeHunter, or it refuses to download the whole clip, leaving out the FLV base files! 

downthisvideo.com

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

do you have to pay for that?

seriously all the web pages are the same...if it works, use it
theres no difference in quality

i personally convert them to avi once im done.

Around the Network
ianjoneswow said:
do you have to pay for that?

no, i use it all the time for free. you can also download google vids from there

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

you should use Gettubevideo.com

I've used keepvid a lot of times and it works perfect for me, also like Mummelmann said you don't need to convert them to anything 'cause media player clasic shows them without problems, and in .FLV format the size of the file is fairly small.

-- Live only for tomorrow, and you will have a lot of empty yesterdays today--

Tavin:  "Old school megaman is THE BEST megaman"      courtesy of fkusumot :)

My mind has changed. My strength has not.    Kamahl, Fist of Krosa

If you don't want to use an FLV player, just use Zamzar.com. It lets you chose what format you want to download it in. You do have to give an email address for it to send you a link to, but it works quite well.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Firefox plug-in "UnPlug", just one click and the video is on your desktop! Try it that's the best!