By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I tried the new Xbox One Controller! (Update - it did have batteries!)

How does the analog sticks feel? The texture of the rubbers look different.

Go Team Venture! I still don't get the Wii, PS Move,  and Kinect.

Around the Network
toadslayer72 said:
Zappykins said:
badgenome said:
Does the new controller spy on you?

I talked to the head of programming, and he said only if you are suffering from trollism - which it detects by going into the "E Space" quantum leap exploration through a double TARDIS Doppler core - it will give you a mild electric shock at first – that can escalate using the anti-matter feed back of the crosses streams parallelism.  It will eventually, through the Perovskite feed back loupe form a whine intense tachyon.  It is fed by more one hates and it can expand so that the full asymmetrical ferric core, and the person holding the controller, is eventually sucked out of this reality, if the negativity is powerful enough, and left stranded in the phantom zone.

But, even trolls can set the privacy settings to the level they want - the setting are really flexible.  So anyone could set he levels of security that allow them peaceful sleep.

I guess the lesson here is: So the lesson is don’t be a troll!  I think we all learned something today.

Ha ha ha, that was fucking awesome Zappy!

Thanks for sharing the other details too, the controller sounds just about perfect. And you are not alone in enjoying the flexibility of good rechargeable batts.

Tee hee!  Thanks, everyone needs to go 'full geek' every now and then. "...Perovskite feed back loupe form a whine intense tachyon."

I am looking forward to what others think of the new feedback triggers.  I know a few will say it's 'too much' (like chocolate fudge is 'too much' on vanilla ice cream.)  But I think most everyone will never want to go back to the old ways.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Heavenly Sigma said:
How does the analog sticks feel? The texture of the rubbers look different.

They feel great - yes it is different, a bit softer.  As I said, sort of like the giant tires in a Lego car set.

A little squishy feel, but not being squishy itself.  Just a better grip.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Tell me a funny joke!

wilco said:

Ugh, why did they have to make it smaller? I like a little meat on my controllers. Not too much like the S controller for the original Xbox, but the 360 was just right. It absolutely did not need to get any smaller/lighter.

Oh well, its still be better than the PS4 controller.

Wilco - it's just a refinement.  It still felt very familiar.  Don’t panick yet, I think you will be happy.  They feel familiar – like when you were away from your significant other and you hug and just fit together and it feels like it’s supposed to be that way.

I haven't played on a PS4 controller, but when I play on my friends PS3's controllers, I don't like the vague feel of the front buttons and the squishiness of the thumb sticks.  I come home and tell my 360 controllers how my I appreciate them and sorry for yelling at them about me getting killed the other day.

Tell me a funny joke!

superchunk said:
Still can't believe they continued the AA battery pack plus extra accessory BS.

This alone should prove that MS will do anything to increase its revenue and F the consumer.

Wow, you didn't bother to read any of the thread!  If you want to hate on Microsoft - just do it in another thread.  It is making you look pathetic.

I'm not interested in your whining and if you bothered to read it you would see myself and others are happy about the batteries. Microsoft doesn't make any money off my batteries, but they keep me happy as I can used the ones I have.

And not some lame built in Sony product that goes bad after a few years, and you have to throw out the controller and buy a new one.

Have a good day, just somewhere else please.

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network
Zappykins said:
superchunk said:
Still can't believe they continued the AA battery pack plus extra accessory BS.

This alone should prove that MS will do anything to increase its revenue and F the consumer.

Wow, you didn't bother to read any of the thread!  If you want to hate on Microsoft - just do it in another thread.  It is making you look pathetic.

I'm not interested in your whining and if you bothered to read it you would see myself and others are happy about the batteries. Microsoft doesn't make any money off my batteries, but they keep me happy as I can used the ones I have.

And not some lame built in Sony product that goes bad after a few years, and you have to throw out the controller and buy a new one.

Have a good day, just somewhere else please.

Why would I read the whole thread? I read the OP and that part wasn't discussed and to me its the most important part as I've yet to truly hate the usage/feel of MSony dual analog controllers. I didnt' like Wii's classics... but the pro on WiiU is awesome.

So to me the only part that sucks or rather that I actualy notice is the lack of a built-in battery.

Maybe you're good with having to find your own rechargeable solution, however, I think in 2013 it should be fucking standard to have quality built-in batteries. The only reason to exclude is to push a microtransaction on the consumer for something nearly everyone will buy.

Also, if your battery goes bad in a  Sony or Nintendo or Apple or Google or (every other electronics company out there) product, you can replace it. You don't have to buy a new controller. Additionally, its not a guranteed cost as I've yet to have one go bad. But in your case you are guranteed to have to buy batteries.

Instead of sheepishly defending the practice, maybe you should ask them to join the modern world.

superchunk said:

Why would I read the whole thread? I read the OP and that part wasn't discussed and to me its the most important part as I've yet to truly hate the usage/feel of MSony dual analog controllers. I didnt' like Wii's classics... but the pro on WiiU is awesome.

So to me the only part that sucks or rather that I actualy notice is the lack of a built-in battery.

Maybe you're good with having to find your own rechargeable solution, however, I think in 2013 it should be fucking standard to have quality built-in batteries. The only reason to exclude is to push a microtransaction on the consumer for something nearly everyone will buy.

Also, if your battery goes bad in a  Sony or Nintendo or Apple or Google or (every other electronics company out there) product, you can replace it. You don't have to buy a new controller. Additionally, its not a guranteed cost as I've yet to have one go bad. But in your case you are guranteed to have to buy batteries.

Instead of sheepishly defending the practice, maybe you should ask them to join the modern world.

I completely disagree with you about that.  As have several others on this thread. 

I don't want to have to connect my controller up with my console because the built in battery is running low.

I don't want an extra cable coming out of the front of my console- or any cables other than the ones behind connect to the system.

I don’t want to have to connect my controllers so my friends and I can play together tomorrow.

I don’t want to have that ‘one controller’ that doesn’t hold a charge.

I don’t want to remember every night to connect the controller to the console with some wire that people trip on and the bunny chew through.

And many of the systems you are referring to you CAN NOT replace your batteries.  You have junk it, and get an entire new one. So if you want to site a company ripping people off my making self limiting machine, I think you know which one I mean.

“Join the Modern World.”  Oh, golly is that supposed to be some kind of insult?

How about you just stay off my threads if you don’t have anything worthwhile to say, and just want to whine about a certain company.  There are other forums for that.

Really, just go away, you used to be really funny, but those days seem over.

Tell me a funny joke!