By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Post your 3DS stats - Official Super Smash Bros. WiiU/3DS Thread

When will you be getting the 3DS version of Super Smash Bros?

Day 1 94 55.62%

In October 9 5.33%

Before the end of the year 10 5.92%

In 2015 2 1.18%

Never, I'm waiting for the Wii U version 52 30.77%

Total:167

"Just like in the original game, the Dark Emperor can cause status changes based on a fighter's color. Red types generally get powered up. On a different subject, the Mii Fighter is wearing a Mii Force Helmet."

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

"The character farther in the back isn't from the Imperial forces, and the character in the front is not the infamous drum-playing puppet in Osaka. No, Mario is actually wearing an outfit from Family Computer Golf: U.S. Course! NES Open Tournament Golf might be a more familiar title."

Signature goes here!

Lol. Indeed he is.

I hope they continue to add a billion more of these costume changes for every character!

" Pac-Man's up taunt is known as Namco Roulette! Namco characters from the 1980s will randomly appear."

"Oh, by the way! I'd like to reveal a new challenger. Instead of doing the unveiling on something like a Nintendo Direct, we're going to live-stream the reveal on the official website on Monday, July 14, at 7:00 AM US Pacific Time (4:00 PM European Central Time). Looks like we're nearing the bottom of the stash of new challenger videos that we've made... Like always, we put a lot of effort into it, so I hope you'll enjoy watching it live."

Signature goes here!

Guesses?

And how many new characters are left now that he is "nearing the bottom of the stash"? Cause that could mean he did multiple characters for some vids, like he did for the original trailer and Charizard/Greninja.

In case you didn't know, I have a comic book called Guardians. I'm the writer/creator of it, and we have four issues out right now, with our fifth coming out soon!

We're also doing a Patreon right now for the comic, and I'd appreciate any and all help in getting it funded. If 56 people pledged $3 per issue, we'll be funded

To pledge, click here. Please join Team Guardians!

Around the Network
blackmagicwolf said:
On the topic of Palutena, I think they learned their lesson from Meta Knight. I'm sure she'll have some downsides that counteract her reach and powerful attacks. The last thing Sakurai wants is to hear fans say that a certain character is overpowered again, cause that would show he doesn't listen. And he hates that!

Someone will always be called "OP".  Ike is shit in Brawl but people claim he's OP because "he hits really hard".  However, I see your point; there will always been run away characters though.  Look at Street Fighter 4 - first it was Sagat and they fixed it.  Then it was Yun/Yang and they fixed it.  Then it was Cammy.  In the end, there's always going to someone who has some broken exploit, where it counts is exactly how broken it is.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

IkePoR said:
blackmagicwolf said:
On the topic of Palutena, I think they learned their lesson from Meta Knight. I'm sure she'll have some downsides that counteract her reach and powerful attacks. The last thing Sakurai wants is to hear fans say that a certain character is overpowered again, cause that would show he doesn't listen. And he hates that!

Someone will always be called "OP".  Ike is shit in Brawl but people claim he's OP because "he hits really hard".  However, I see your point; there will always been run away characters though.  Look at Street Fighter 4 - first it was Sagat and they fixed it.  Then it was Yun/Yang and they fixed it.  Then it was Cammy.  In the end, there's always going to someone who has some broken exploit, where it counts is exactly how broken it is.

I don't mind one character being at the top of the tier list because like you said it's always going to happen but I do hope we don't get another Metaknight situation where one character is WAY over all the others.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:

I don't mind one character being at the top of the tier list because like you said it's always going to happen but I do hope we don't get another Metaknight situation where one character is WAY over all the others.

For sure.  MK and tripping were a result of Sakurai giving fans the middle finger for taking Smash too seriously.  It's come back to bite him though because even fans who play for fun despise tripping.  So far it seems like he's taking all fans into consideration and trying to make a balanced game.  

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Xenoblade writer re-tweets news about Smash Bros. character announcement

Posted under 3DS, News, Wii U July 11, 2014 by Brian (@NE_Brian)

Yuichiro Takeda, one of the major writers on Xenoblade, has re-tweeted the Japanese announcement about the Super Smash Bros. character reveal coming on Monday. Perhaps it’s a sign that Shulk will be revealed as the latest roster addition? We’ll just have to wait and see.

Nintendo will make the next character for Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS known on Monday. The announcement is set for 10 AM ET / 7 AM PT.

Read more at http://nintendoeverything.com/xenoblade-writers-re-tweets-news-about-smash-bros-character-announcement/

hmm....that's interesting. Maybe the reveal will say..."Shulk Wields Monado Into Battle!" or something of the like. I know a lot of Xenoblade fans want this. Who knows?

In case you didn't know, I have a comic book called Guardians. I'm the writer/creator of it, and we have four issues out right now, with our fifth coming out soon!

We're also doing a Patreon right now for the comic, and I'd appreciate any and all help in getting it funded. If 56 people pledged $3 per issue, we'll be funded

To pledge, click here. Please join Team Guardians!