By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Update to the SSBB errors, dirt is the cause.

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Summaro400ex said:
aren't there lens cleaners on the market? Can those be used? I'd rather buy that than lose my Wii for a week.

I dont think the normal cleaning disc thing works, the one I'm thinking you're talking about is the one with the brissles that you put the cleaning solution on and it cleans the lens, that wouldn't work with the Wii because of how the disc is inserted, the system is motorized but if you look on the front of the Wii where you insert the disc is 2 flap type things that are there to prevent things from getting in there, those would wipe off the cleaning solution as you inserted the cleaning disc, so it's pointless.

You can take the front of the Wii by removing about 4 screws (tri-wing screwdriver required about 2 quid of Ebay) then use the disc cleaner without the front on the Wii.  When I replaced my Wii's case I found loads of helpful videos on you tube there was one of someone taking the front of and changing the LED's colour.

Wii - 3348 5602 9364 2110

Mario Kart - 0474 1321 9262

Around the Network
Komodo said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Summaro400ex said:
aren't there lens cleaners on the market? Can those be used? I'd rather buy that than lose my Wii for a week.

I dont think the normal cleaning disc thing works, the one I'm thinking you're talking about is the one with the brissles that you put the cleaning solution on and it cleans the lens, that wouldn't work with the Wii because of how the disc is inserted, the system is motorized but if you look on the front of the Wii where you insert the disc is 2 flap type things that are there to prevent things from getting in there, those would wipe off the cleaning solution as you inserted the cleaning disc, so it's pointless.

You can take the front of the Wii by removing about 4 screws (tri-wing screwdriver required about 2 quid of Ebay) then use the disc cleaner without the front on the Wii.  When I replaced my Wii's case I found loads of helpful videos on you tube there was one of someone taking the front of and changing the LED's colour.

That is a great idea. Can you post the link for the videos?

100% Coritiba Foot Ball Club!

How could you even blow into your Wii? Its not possible because of those 2 black liners where you put the disc in at.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

This isn't going to play on my Wii? What the hell? I don't want to have to send my Wii to Nintendo just to play this game. I hope this is something that I can fix by taking my Wii apart.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Bump because people are still making threads that pertain to this yet keep clamoring on! READ UP PEOPLE!

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000