By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One delayed in Asia by up to a year (no mention of Japan)

lol k. MS just missed out on 100k console sales :P

How ever will we go on????

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

Production issues?

It's not like it will sell much there or anywhere else being that expensive and restrictive.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

kowenicki said:
taus90 said:
kowenicki said:
taus90 said:
yeah but of two different products.. Shouldnt microsoft try to build upon its 360 success in the west and retry with an agressive strategy in Asia for xbox one and build a fan base. there are small markets in Asia where xbox is much stronger than Playstation

...and the PS4 is def launching there with big supply?

You forget that SONY has NEVER done a global launch of a home console before.  Supply will be as tight as can be.

well if u keep track on PS4 news, back in Feb sony did mention, they were aiming for a worldwide release by having adequate amount of PS4's shipped, and I will take their word for it, coz so far whatever Sony has promised in regards to PS4 they have been delivering it.. and I wouldnt worry about my PS4 as i can get it from anywhere in the world as its "region Free".

so long as supply is decent.

the poiint was that supply is all that matters here, the number of regions is actually irrelevant.  Intial supplies will be tight no matter what.

compared to PS4, X1 pack a lot of stuff, and not to mention the rumored esram yeild problem.. also i believe even in the limited region release x1 will have very short supply compared to PS4! So i choose to believe so that PS4 will have a worldwide release (US, Europe, Asia), if told so otherwise. 

MS has mentioned clearly during their reveal, X1 will be available in 2013 "around the world" which is not same as "worldwide"

taus90 said:

compared to PS4, X1 pack a lot of stuff, and not to mention the rumored esram yeild problem.. also i believe even in the limited region release x1 will have very short supply compared to PS4! So i choose to believe so that PS4 will have a worldwide release (US, Europe, Asia), if told so otherwise. 

MS has mentioned clearly during their reveal, X1 will be available in 2013 "around the world" which is not same as "worldwide"

Microsoft said yesterday that it will be available in 21 countries in November 2013. So probably just NA, Europe, Australia and Japan. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

Not like they would want one.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Doesn't change much.

Asia is a big market to be launching 1 year later in.

These regions are why the PS3 has now outsold the 360.

This is not the way to win over those gamers. And diversity (of both content AND markets) is what business is all about. I was happy to see MS putting in much more effort this Gen than Last, but this just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Guys its the x1in Japan is this really big news the 360 has barely sold the first xbox numbers so in reality its not that huge of aa deal in fact probably saves them money lol