By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

Riot Of The Blood said:
What skill does it require?

You don't have to do anything or know anything. There's not even a reason to practice in this game.

At least Riot has found his place.... Sorry to see him leave, but it is better than him getting abused by other people with skill in this game. He kept coming back too... for his sake I am glad he now knows what he likes, and what he does not. At least we can say that he doesn't have Battered Wife Syndrome.

BTW, Riot, How can this game not take skill? If you were to play against M2K or any of the other top players, whom you seemed to idolize, you would surely lose. But by your reasoning they should not have any edge over anybody who has never played before... You know your argument is BS, but are tired of losing to people. Combos are for wimps. Mind games are where fighting really is. Every fighter knows this. Boxing is 30% physical and 70% mental. You need to work on Mental training more and you would be a MUCH better player.

Around the Network
luinil said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
What skill does it require?

You don't have to do anything or know anything. There's not even a reason to practice in this game.

At least Riot has found his place.... Sorry to see him leave, but it is better than him getting abused by other people with skill in this game. He kept coming back too... for his sake I am glad he now knows what he likes, and what he does not. At least we can say that he doesn't have Battered Wife Syndrome.

BTW, Riot, How can this game not take skill? If you were to play against M2K or any of the other top players, whom you seemed to idolize, you would surely lose. But by your reasoning they should not have any edge over anybody who has never played before... You know your argument is BS, but are tired of losing to people. Combos are for wimps. Mind games are where fighting really is. Every fighter knows this. Boxing is 30% physical and 70% mental. You need to work on Mental training more and you would be a MUCH better player.

Awesome reply! I'm in awe! All hail luinil!

Signature goes here!

I don't care about mind games. I want to attack and do fun stuff. Just camp and mind game is no fun at all. I do get sick of losing to players I'm obviosly better than because I wanted to do something offensive.

I can beat anyone here if I really wanted to. All I gotta do is camp. There's no skill in that.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Ok, Riot. I gotta know. What is true skill? Since you don't think SSBB requires skill, what do you believe is true skill?

anyone feel like playing?

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network

@Luin

No one thing is true skill, really. For me, I would say having to the ability to understand a games engine completely to the point where you can just do crazy stuff. I'm talking combos out of this world parrying ect... In KoF, you could tear people apart if you understood how to cancle and buffer. This takes a lot of skill and countless hours of practce to master. There's nothing like that in brawl. There's no learning curve at all. You can pick up the game and just do stuff with no problem. WTF is that? Anyone can beat anyone wich is stupid.

Riot Of The Blood said:
@Luin

No one thing is true skill, really. For me, I would say having to the ability to understand a games engine completely to the point where you can just do crazy stuff. I'm talking combos out of this world parrying ect... In KoF, you could tear people apart if you understood how to cancle and buffer. This takes a lot of skill and countless hours of practce to master. There's nothing like that in brawl. There's no learning curve at all. You can pick up the game and just do stuff with no problem. WTF is that? Anyone can beat anyone wich is stupid.

The cool stuff in Brawl does require pratice. Edge garding is one of the best part of Brawl and it requires knowledge and skill.

- You have to know how far off the stage you can pursue your opponent without killing yourself in the process

- You have to know when your opponent won't be able to recover. Ex.: Peach's turnips can prevent someone from recovering but if you use them on someone who has already used up his recovery, you just gave them another Up-B to save themselves.

- You have to know how the ledge grab invincibility works.

- You have to know what the opponent can do the fend off your edge garding. Ex.: Jumping to hit Lucas off the side only to be hit by his down-air spiking you into a really bad position.

And that's only a tiny part of what the game is about.

Signature goes here!

Riot, you are right in some small respect. SSBB doesn't require as much mastering of button presses and combos to become the best. So while in other games progress is slow, in SSBB progress in skill is quick. You will get to the point where the new plateau of skill in SSBB becomes active timing.

Where you are wrong is this, calling the game trash because it doesn't have ALOT of combos and tech that are hard to master.... that is where you are wrong.

What do you know, Iclim wins by doing nothing but smash spamming and rolling. Some skill. The only way to have won would have been to camp. I would have to wait for the roll and bait him into stuff. What fun is that? I want to attack, which can't be done in this game.

Riot Of The Blood said:
What do you know, Iclim wins by doing nothing but smash spamming and rolling. Some skill. The only way to have won would have been to camp. I would have to wait for the roll and bait him into stuff. What fun is that? I want to attack, which can't be done in this game.

Yeah cause Ike is such a good smash spammer.

And I tilt spam with shiek if you didn't notice.

My Pit might smash a lot but that's because his fsmash does a lot of damage and comes out of a shield really quick.
Plus I did a lot of ftilts and down tilts aswell.

Why would you worry about marth's fsmash? You're the one who keeps saying it's useless and has a lot of lag.
Some of them was part of a grab combo, which is how I landed most of my tips.

You might just see it as smash spamming and rolling(which I believe I didn't use to the point of being called spamming) but I planned those moves with a strategy in mind, which evidently you didn't notice.

Kirby was just fun. I don't know how to use him.
So I went smash happy. You saw how far that went...

How about I propose to you an idea that you proposed to me.
If my playstyle pisses you off so much, just say no next time I try to join.
Obviously you can't aknowledge me as being somewhat skillful in SSBB. But would rather just resort to calling me cheap and a spammer.

Anyway, fun games Riot, you might have not enjoyed our games, but I still did.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags?