By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

Good news for Ivo, DDD is no longer S rank ^-^ And good news for Riot, Marth moved up :)

Bad news for me. Wolf moved DOWN T_T He's below FOX , seriously, what's up with that? D:

Around the Network

Pit is in C Rank I'm happy that he is not popular.

Fox is much better than Wolf. I think Fox should make high-tier.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Riot Of The Blood said:

Yoshi should be above Fox for all that goes.

Words Of Wisdom said:
Riot Of The Blood said:

Yoshi should be above Fox for all that goes.

This ^_____^

Around the Network

Melee is freakin awesome.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Words Of Wisdom said:
IvoYarido said:

I find myself doing it too though, the onlines lag just sucks. I can't do any of my fancy half health combos ; ;

Granted it's new so it's going to be getting hammered, but how is the lag compared to Brawl? A lot of people nitpick that sort of thing in Brawl, so a comparison to another current-gen fighter would be telling.

I think its worse really... and thats probably due to how pretty it is. The game looks awesome visually. Plays the same as old ones though.

Blocking still seems broken, its still not hard to sidestep guard breaks either. Armor breaks randomly if you hit a specific area long enough, armor damage carries into further rounds. So you could theoretically lose twice, then OHKO your opponent 3 times to win.

Online lag, compared to Brawl, I actually find Brawls more tolerable. SC4 seems to misread commands horribly when it lags. Down slide to forward Kick is usually read as funky movement > standard kick. Horizontal and Vertical strike hit together reads as horizontal to a vertical... Brawl doesn't really do that, it'll misread a rising aerial occasionally but >.>

As for its framerate lags. Theres no framerate lagging from what I've seen yet, but to make up for that the game randomly freezes for like, half a second occasionally with no warning.

Offline I can combo the hell out of CPU's that miss a gaurd with Amy's moveset that seems unescapable. Online I'm lucky to string more then one hit together due to its misreading commands >.<

Oh, and create a character has better options this time around. Only gripe (though it doesn't bother me as much as it would someone else I'm sure :p) is that when a normal PC has their armor broken, a piece just kind of gets cut short, or gets a rip in it. When an armor part is broken on a create a character. They lose everything in that category. Basically, you end up fighting in whatever you selected as your underwear. Huzzah for sexy male models ^^; (Yes, I'm sad)

Wolf > Fox. Wolf has a harder to punish recovery, a projectile that can actually halt an approach. Fast smashes that aren't as easy to see coming as Fox's Up-Smash. Better KOing options. Invincibility on his reflector. Better juggling options. Fox is just, bad. Fox's U-air can be smash DIed out of to always avoid the main hit... Fox has nothing going for him =/

My Creations in Modnation Racers! Check zhem!
http://community.modnation.com/en-us/players/IvoYaridovich/creations

That's it, I'm done playing that fuckin Falco.

Riot Of The Blood said:
That's it, I'm done playing that fuckin Falco.

You hate my Falco?  Why?  I use him kind of like my other characters, probably except for SHDL and I use his Nair for approach.

Third member of the Sonic Support Squad.  Member of the Fierce Fox Force.

Click Sonic for my main Youtube channel :D

how is SSBB?