By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

Yea. Offensive Dedede fails >.> Defensive I should stay X.x

Save C4 at high damage and against floaty opponents that can WoP you and punish Cypher for recovery on Snake. Tilt battles against Dedede will fail, as will projectile wars (Gordo's will blast right trough grenades).

Marth, footstool to d-air is a guaranteed spike. Try some grounded approaches to mix it up. Being predictable is what makes me eat you alive when I stay defensive.

Don't expect much out of me past 5 am >.> Yay insomnia.... I should learn when to say no...

Remember to fix the air conditioner before summer... god its hot as hell >.
.>

I can't type coherently after 5am... yeehaw...

My Creations in Modnation Racers! Check zhem!
http://community.modnation.com/en-us/players/IvoYaridovich/creations

Around the Network

Ground approaching with marth is hard because his dash grab sucks. I'm not sure how to approach from the ground yet.

Any metaknight tips? I didn't do as well as I normaly do with him for some reason.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

N-air out of shield has deadly potential... as does up-b. Down-B with the slash is a good mind game attack. Don't be afraid to follow Kirby off stage with Meta Knight. Unlike with Dedede, Kirby's inhale range isn't long enough to trade hits and get the grab effect. Kirby's inhale range is roughly 2/3rds of what Dedede's is. Don't try to recover from directly below someone, as footstools and spikes easily take advantage of Meta Knights lackluster vertical recovery (Being foot stooled by a 2 ton penguin doesn't help either XD). Also, Side-B gains more height then Up-B when aimed properly. If your good at aiming it, the slash behind Meta Knight is more damaging in his Down Smash.

Marth's dash grab does suck, which is why you do a shield canceled dash grab. Wouldn't hurt to do this on Meta Knight as well. Just cancel the dash with shield then grab the second the shield starts to appear.

My Creations in Modnation Racers! Check zhem!
http://community.modnation.com/en-us/players/IvoYaridovich/creations

how do you and shea perfect shield so well? I can do it standing still, but I need it going towards people. When should I start the shield?

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Riot Of The Blood said:
how do you and shea perfect shield so well? I can do it standing still, but I need it going towards people. When should I start the shield?

i dont mean to sound stupid, but what is perfect sheild? i get so confused when yall start using those weird terms. and i still dont know how the (n-airs, f-airs) work.  -_-U

3DS FC: 4355-9313-6815

Around the Network

Perfect shield is when you shield just as the opponent is about to hit you. It stuns the attacker for a short time.

N-air is Neutral air and f-air is Forward air... I'm pretty sure you know how to do those.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
Perfect shield is when you shield just as the opponent is about to hit you. It stuns the attacker for a short time.

N-air is Neutral air and f-air is Forward air... I'm pretty sure you know how to do those.

i knew it was something like that. thanks truck

3DS FC: 4355-9313-6815

Riot Of The Blood said:

Shea perfect shields?  I've never noticed her doing it against me... 

She does it on me all the time. This really screws my marth, because she can perfect shield then own him. I prefer metaknight against her. How do you do against shea, wow?

Riot Of The Blood said:
She does it on me all the time. This really screws my marth, because she can perfect shield then own him. I prefer metaknight against her. How do you do against shea, wow?

Played her in a duel yesterday rather unexpectedly and beat her Fox with my Pink Yoshi pretty easily.  Also beat her Mario with my Kirby later at the end of a Brawl.

Shea is good, but I'm guessing she plays very differently around you than me.