By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VC sales report

Do you think nintendo will give the sale number of the virtual console ? If, yes will you add new sales to the old title like super mario bros ?

Around the Network

I check the forum and didn't find discusion about this. Could you provide my a link please, theres no search option for the forum.

you should do VC sales but have it seperate from the original game sales. aslo can you see if you can get any XBLA sales and put them on the site. XBLA games have sold over 20m to date so its worth having them. and especially with C:SOTN comming that will sell shitloads

Townzy said: you should do VC sales but have it seperate from the original game sales. aslo can you see if you can get any XBLA sales and put them on the site. XBLA games have sold over 20m to date so its worth having them. and especially with C:SOTN comming that will sell shitloads
Major Nelson did a top 20 XBLA sales list around Jan 1, of course it was just rankings and no numbers though. I'm sure you can find it yourself by digging around on his page. The entry was on like Dec 29 I think. Some dude on GAF made up some way of estimating XBLA sales by getting the lowest score possible in a given game, then seeing what # it was on the leaderboards. This method wasn't perfect but it was something. Haven't seen that thread in a while though.

They probably won't. Maybe something like "we sold over 500k SMB" for top sellers, but nothing more. They gain nothing by releasing those numbers. The opposite actually.. I am very interested though. Maybe we'll see some total numbers for different platforms or something when the fiscal year ends.

Around the Network
Burnst said:
They probably won't. Maybe something like "we sold over 500k SMB" for top sellers, but nothing more. They gain nothing by releasing those numbers. The opposite actually.. I am very interested though. Maybe we'll see some total numbers for different platforms or something when the fiscal year ends.

I would like to see this as well.

Virtual Console/Live Arcade sales should be kept separate from the originals.  (Re-releases on other consoles have always been kept separate, so this trend should continue.)  If we can't get accurate numbers, then downloaded game sales should be kept somewhere else to avoid mixing with the good data we do have.

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

if we would have have VC and LA then we would need PSN

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
if we would have have VC and LA then we would need PSN

If the numbers are rounded to the nearest 1000 then PSN probably won't be possible for a while.

:P

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)