By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Moment That Sony Won The E3 2013

Wasn't this all about the games? How can you celebrate when they took normality out and added fees. I feel robbed the way they put it. They dressed everything into nice DRM news. Still probably buy it day one due to price and the possibility of creating a "physical" game collection.

Ex Graphics Whore.

Around the Network

In addition, it's a worrying sign for the industry when the biggest cheer is for something we came to expect and take for granted until 3 months ago.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

@cone, why is uk getting shafted every time? 350 when converted would be about fucking $550. Fucking damn, that's like 100 difference from Xbox one exactly, must be taxes.
Also lol @ online pay

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

@cone, why is uk getting shafted every time? 350 when converted would be about fucking $550. Fucking damn, that's like 100 difference from Xbox one exactly, must be taxes.
Also lol @ online pay

I'll be honest here: I totally expected Sony to screw up. I completely expected them to follow Microsoft on DRM and such. But they didn't and they even learned from the PS3's price disaster. In my eyes Sony deserves to have a successful next generation.

I didn't follow the press conference (was 3am here) but I'm very positively surprised by everything I've read so far. And €399 is a reasonable price point. Yeah, I think I'll be buying my first Sony console at launch if the line-up is good. Well done, Sony. You're the only one of the big 3 who didn't screw up.

Around the Network

I rushed home during lunch to watch (work blocks everything) this part gave me a good laugh.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

boom great job sony

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

NotStan said:
I don't know people on this forum, I really don't. Microsoft shows off multimedia for mind boggling 2 hours, looses e3 because no games. Microsoft doesn't show off multimedia and only games, still looses e3. Really ethomaz, just really.

On the other hand, the launch price of One has outraged me, and despite what looks like better games offerings, the ps4 is set to offer a much better value in my eyes, if is more smartly priced in the UK, I will likely purchase it and skip One. To clarify what I said in the first paragraph, stop being such a fucking hypocrite every e3. Sony will announce plans for world domination and concentration camps at e3 and you'd still chant they won.

Bottom line is, I will be thinking with my wallet this gen rather than acting out of pure fandom as still got PC to play on.

This has been obvious for the last few years. 

OT - Sony will regret this decision in a few years imo, they're now committed down the "no DRM" path.  I wouldn't hold out much hope of them staying true to this commitment, much like they were so committed to open hardware (Other OS) last gen until it didn't suit them. 

The price was a big win.

kowenicki said:
NotStan said:
Also lol @ online pay

I'd stick with ONE if I was you. Only 80 quid. What's that between friends? LOl.

Well yeah, I thought about it in those terms, only £80, but then again, the DRM is a bit of a bitch for me, that's what frustrating me. I buy games at about 60/40 rate new to used. And I resell quite alot of new games because they are either shit and I've made a mistake or they're just boring and I wouldn't be bothered to replay them anytime soon. The selected retailers (ala GAME) will try to shaft me, I got money riding on that.

I'm a die hard Xbox fan and this I can not disagree.. Make sure you to send this link to MS many times.

Feedback link for Xbox.com

http://support.microsoft.com/common/survey.aspx?scid=sw;en-us;2159&altStyle=MFE&renderOption=OverrideDefault&showpage=1&fr=1&nofrbrand=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.xbox.com%2Fen-US%2F%3Flc%3D1033