By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Order: 1886 - PS4 Exclusive by Ready at Dawn

It really caught my interest with the Victorian setting, but the steam punk put me off. I used to like steam punk but it has been used so many times now, especially combined with the Victorian era, that I just don't care anymore. I'd love a Skies of Arcadia-esque RPG (minus the Skies part) where you start out in London and then travel around the globe, exploring the last frontiers of the world. Or perhaps a game set in a Jules Verne inspired universe.

Of course, if the QTE's are as bad as some make them out to be (I happen to despise QTE's) then no setting could save it.

Around the Network

yea no doubt this is a must buy for me.

I like the concept but it is a third-party exclusive?

This game has my attention due to RAD's pedigree. Just finishing up with Daxter at the moment and they've done an absolutely bang-up job with it.

Looking forward to seeing some gameplay.

I presume this isn't the new Santa Monica project that's been talked about all this time either, since Stig isn't involved in it?

ethomaz said:

I wouldn't have thought so, seeing as Santa Monica are assisting development and all.

Why, does it need to be?

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
ethomaz said:

I wouldn't have thought so, seeing as Santa Monica are assisting development and all.

Why, does it need to be?

No. Just curious.

ethomaz said:

It is kind of a hybrid.  It is 1st/2nd party.  SCEA is publishing the game and its the owner of the IP; but SSM and RAD are making the game.

ethomaz said:

2nd party

I wish to see gameplay footage.

So far i cant shake off the feeling that i would rather they were working on a Vita God of war.

GIFS!