By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii > 360 forever and 360 > ps3 for the next 4+ years?

Griffin said:
twesterm said:
skeezer said:
twesterm said:
wiiforever said:
^quite flawed - u have to account for big PS3 releases (MGS4, FF, GoW3) so the Gap will vary widely

By that same logic you have to account for big 360 releases.

And yes, you're logic is flawed because if the last year tells us anything sales trends change over time by unexpected events.

would you care to list those 360 BiG releases

MS doesn't have to start hyping their games years in advance.

Thats what happens when you have nothing to hype but halo

Or you don't pay attention to games that are more than a year away.  MGS4 might come within a year, but it also might not.  The other two: no chance. 

Around the Network
twesterm said:
Griffin said:
twesterm said:
skeezer said:
twesterm said:
wiiforever said:
^quite flawed - u have to account for big PS3 releases (MGS4, FF, GoW3) so the Gap will vary widely

And yes, you're logic is flawed because if the last year tells us anything sales trends change over time by unexpected events.

Or you don't pay attention to games that are more than a year away. MGS4 might come within a year, but it also might not. The other two: no chance.

You're breaking my dreams of having all the games i want this year,  but when they come you will be impressed, just like you were with Lair

>To do that, PS3 would have to beat the 360 by about 150,000 units per week starting next week.

You are a newbie, so I forgive you for a horrible math skill... but to show the error of your way.

150K * 100 (weeks) = 15 million.

now, I don't recall PS3 being down 15 million to xbox, do you?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:
>in order for PS3 to match 360 even by the end of 2009, it would have to have pretty phenomenal sales (>200K per week, starting next week).

You are a newbie, so I forgive you for a horrible math skill... but to show the error of your way.

200K * 100 (weeks) = 20 million.

now, I don't recall PS3 being down 20 million to xbox, do you?

Nono, you forgot to count how much the 360 is selling in the same time period. Basically, if the PS3 beats the 360 by 70K per week, it will gain 7,000,000 in these two years. So to equal the 360, it has to beat the 360 by 70K per week, which means that it has to sell roughly 200K per week.

Griffin said:
twesterm said:
Griffin said:
twesterm said:
skeezer said:
twesterm said:
wiiforever said:

Or you don't pay attention to games that are more than a year away. MGS4 might come within a year, but it also might not. The other two: no chance.

You're breaking my dreams of having all the games i want this year, but when they come you will be impressed, just like you were with Lair

Lair really was the bomb.

Around the Network

Sales do fluctuate so the argument is flawed but...

If anything, this at least tells that PS3 fans shouldn't get too excited too soon over the PS3's lead on Xbox360.

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

The 360 has seen its best day... I beleive the PS3 has seen its worst. When the price comes down we will see a WW shift and the PSWii will become far and away the most popular format. The PS3 will pass the 360 in holiday season 09.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut