By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii > 360 forever and 360 > ps3 for the next 4+ years?

So Wii > max(360,ps3) is obvious.

I was looking at worldwide weekly sales and it looks like ps3 is 20K-40K more per week than 360. The difference is 7M so it comes out to 4+ years.

Does that sound right to you? 

Around the Network

^quite flawed - u have to account for big PS3 releases (MGS4, FF, GoW3) so the Gap will vary widely

i think at the end of 2009 ps3 will be ahead of xbox360

wiiforever said:
^quite flawed - u have to account for big PS3 releases (MGS4, FF, GoW3) so the Gap will vary widely

By that same logic you have to account for big 360 releases. 

And yes, you're logic is flawed because if the last year tells us anything sales trends change over time by unexpected events. 

"u have to account for big PS3 releases (MGS4, FF, GoW3) so the Gap will vary widely"

-- I thought that went both ways...

"i think at the end of 2009 ps3 will be ahead of xbox360"

-- To do that, PS3 would have to beat the 360 by about 150,000 units per week starting next week. In other words, it would have to sell like the Wii, starting next week.

Do you actually think this is going to happen?

Around the Network

Also, there are lots of other unexpected things.

For example:

-we don't know how price drops will affect anything
-we don't know if MS will buy a big Japanese studio (like Koei) and start doing decently there
-we don't know when MS will have RROD fixed
-PS3 pricing will have a BIG effect on things
-we don't know the exact time that HD-DVD will get wiped out, which will affect to some degree
-All 3 companies definitely have some aces up their sleeves for GDC and E3. We'll have to wait to find out whose is bigger

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
twesterm said:
wiiforever said:

And yes, you're logic is flawed because if the last year tells us anything sales trends change over time by unexpected events. 

would you care to list those 360 BiG releases

^_^

skeezer said:
twesterm said:
wiiforever said:

MS doesn't have to start hyping their games years in advance. 

All I'm saying is, in order for PS3 to match 360 even by the end of 2009, it would have to have pretty phenomenal sales (>200K per week, starting next week). In addition, the 360 would have to help out by sitting there and doing nothing.

twesterm said:
skeezer said:
twesterm said:
wiiforever said:

MS doesn't have to start hyping their games years in advance.

Thats what happens when you have nothing to hype but halo