By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was you first console?

Atari 2600

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

Around the Network

The family got a used Atari 2600 back around 1986 or so (which vanished around 1989), and an NES during the boom in popularity around 1988, but my first console that I myself purchased was my PS1 in 1999. I recall being sold on it because of Xenogears (and to a lesser extent, FF7; I'd gotten it on PC prior to that to "excuse" myself from having to buy a PS1).

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

NES. It was 1988, I believe. I'd been playing friend's/family's Atari for years, but that NES was mine.

Atari 2600

My first system was the NES, I started playing it when I was three.

Around the Network

Console: N64... and I still love that thing to death.
Handheld: GameBoy Color... which has unfortunately gone mad... it deletes data from the cartridges now...

First Console was the SNES
First handheld was the original Gameboy
good times...

the old nintendo from the 80's.

I totally forgot about the Atari 2600. We had one when I was a kid but it broke by the time I was four. I always forget we had one of those.

I used to disconnect my NES everytime I finished playing it, and arrange the games and peripherals in a drawer -Resident Evil 4 briefcase style. Then I'd look at it and smile. Damn, I loved that console!