By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Germany: Wii over 800k, DS over 3,3M, Nintendo has 2007 70% marketshare

COPIED AND PASTED UNEDITED DIRECTLY FROM NEOGAF

For all Numbers-Maniacs I have something:

In a interview with the german magazin "GamesMarkt" Nintendo-Germany boss Bernd Fakesch reveal some numbers for 2007:

DS:

Ltd. before 2007: 1,5 million

2007 was 1.8 millions units sold

In 2007 the Nintendo DS outsold every week of 2006

500,000 customers are really new gamer (never owned a console before)

Despite shortages, the DS sold in the week before Christmas 150,000 units

Ltd. by the end to of 2007: 3,3 millions.

DS software:

Brain Training 1 and 2 sold both combined more than 1.3 millions (Ldt.)

Pokemon Pearl/Dimand: over 500,000 sold (both version combined)

Animal Crossing: Wildly World: over 500.00

Nintendogs: over 1.5 millions.

Wii:

In the week before Christmas 100,000 units were sold

Ltd. by end to of 2007 is 800.000.

Best selling title for Wii is Super Mario Galaxy.

Nearly 0.26 millions german owners downloaded a minimum one VC game.

Overall Nintendo has in 2007 a marketshare of 70% (by units).

Wii Fit release is not far away. My guess, its maybe the 25.04.2008.

To compare:

The XBox 360 has sold in 16 months 262.000 units

The Wii has sold in 12 months 800.000 units.

I just copied it from Gaf, because I'm lazy.

Anyway, it's maybe a bit interesting. Great accuracy on the Wii/DS numbers here on VGChartz (although they are a bit undertracked, 200k for DS). The 360 numbers are overtracked by quite a lot (150k).

Around the Network

Geez. Good job Nintendo.

Well done Nintendo and ofc awesome DS, 2007 really was its year, it makes me happy to see it doing so well. Long may the perfect machine continue to rule.

Looks like VGC's numbers were pretty good in Germany. VGC had it at 721k - If these numbers were shipped it is right on... otherwise VGC is under by about 80k... not bad at all. Good Job ioi.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Nintendo-Germany boss Bernd Fakesch revealed Xbox number? are you sure we really overtracked?

Sounds like Shipped number to me. We know DS aren't COMPLETELY sold out

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network
kingofwale said:
Nintendo-Germany boss Bernd Fakesch revealed Xbox number? are you sure we really overtracked?

Sounds like Shipped number to me. We know DS aren't COMPLETELY sold out

As I said I just copied from GAF. =P

And that last part concerning the 360 wasn't in the original post on GAF. It was edited in, so it wasnt the Nintendo boss that revealed those numbers. 

Where's the 360 number from?

Also why would VGChartz be overtracking if their total is for 25 months and the one given by some forum poster on NeoGAF without a source is for 16 months?

one word: NINTENDOMINATION

Nobody buys a 360 here. Consoles were pretty insignificant until recently. The PC Games section is still larger than all console games together in a normal electronic store. I think nobody buys a 360 because all its good games (except Halo3) are also available on PC.
Besides Germans have a religious problem with devices that have a 30% failure rate.

^^^^ No it's just Germans already have a PC for games. They don't need one to hook up to their TV's as well haha.

With all the Wii hate about it not being next gen and whatnot I love to throw those out everynow and then.

But who really knows why Germans don't buy 360 haha.