By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MGS 5 coming to Xbox One

It has been confirmed that MGS V will be coming to Xbox One

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/10/e3-2013-metal-gear-solid-v-coming-to-xbox-one

Do you think Konami will make both versions (ps4 & Xbone) on par or will the PS4 version be superior?

Will going multiplat be good for MGS V or will it piss off loyalists?

And which platform do you think will sell the most copies?

Around the Network

They will most likely be on par, since both consoles are almost identical. Id imagine that PS4 is the lead platform tough

Going multiplatform can be nothing but good, its all about the money

PS4 version, no doubt

PS4 version will easily sell more just like Rising did.

We already knew MGSV was a multiplat game. Even before announcing MGSV Kojima publicly stated the future MGS's will be multi.

Xxain said:
We already knew MGSV was a multiplat game. Even before announcing MGSV Kojima publicly stated the future MGS's will be multi.

i wasn't aware of that. I thought MGS V was to be a ps3 exclusive. I only knew of MGRR going multi-plat.

Around the Network

In my opinion, I don't think there will be another MGS game with the quality the previous titles had (MGS4, MGS3 etc).
I hope MGS5 will be good, I will be getting it for PS4, but I don't think it will be as good as 4. They need to bring back MGO as well.

No more MGS4 scandals. This is a XBox win no matter how you slice it.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

cannonballZ said:
Xxain said:

i wasn't aware of that. I thought MGS V was to be a ps3 exclusive. I only knew of MGRR going multi-plat.

Unless I missed something about Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain being Metal Gear Solid 5, MGS 5 is was initially announced for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC...

darkknightkryta said:
cannonballZ said:
Xxain said:

Unless I missed something about Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain being Metal Gear Solid 5, MGS 5 is was initially announced for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC...

Well if it was coming out for 360, one would assume that it's coming out for Xbox One as well. Why would they make it for 360 and not their new console?

I'm not so sure the PS4 will be the lead platform. I'm expecting the PS4 to be able to do all the tricks that the Xbone will be able to as far as processing and those things go. Then, if the devs will have the time, drive, incentive, they can have a small team that will enhance the PS4 versions with whatever is easy and inexpensive to implement.
That in the case that they are really that similar and the memory differences don't require different aproaches, in which case there could be two different teams that handle the graphics on the two machines, and then the PS4 will have a more pronounced advantage...maybe.