By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Tagged games:

I hope they reveal new content. Either way i am buying it day one

edit: they could add a master quest just like in oot

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
Dr.Grass said:
DanneSandin said:
I've heard that this is a really great remake. They've added things, so you might wanna pick it up even though you've played it already.

What have they added?

I'll probably pick it up anyway :) despite this thread

I actually don't know, but as far as I understood it we should be able to see that when playing the e3 demo...

pls barrier skip pls barrier skip

Judging by the screenshots posted in the thread. The Wii U version will look incredible.

Signature goes here!

KHlover said:
I love the new style for Wind Waker, I hope they don't let the very people who didn't want WW back then dictate the new style.

I have no idea what you mean...?

Conegamer said:
Well, this seems like a little bit of an pointless thread sadly. How has Nintendos output been less than stellar? And I don't like playing through Dolphin out of principle, I'm sure many feel the same.

We will see the game tomorrow. Why not wait until then before judging?

this seems like a little bit of an pointless thread sadly

As pointless as a Wind Waker remake?

How has Nintendos output been less than stellar?

There is no space in here for this discussion. I would wager that most gamers (and nearly all multi-console owners) would agree with me.

I don't like playing through Dolphin out of principle

If you had any idea how much of my cash I've spent on Nintendo games... Even to the point of buying multiplats on Nintendo consoles just because I favoured their console... I bought and played Metroid Prime in 2002. I sure as hell will play it in glorious HD 10 years later and the FACT is that it's not hurting Nintendo one tiny bit.

Not to mention that I can show off Nintendo's hard hitting AAA games to people who've never played them. Just recently I showed the lead designer and owner of a (pretty awesome) Indie dev company Smash for the first time in his life. He appreciates Nintendo much more now.

Your principles might be justified, but don't think everyone who isn't into closed-box-businesses are somehow automatically in the wrong. If you saw the pc rig we've set up at our place then you'd understand the dolphin-emulator is actually an advertisement for Nintendo.

We will see the game tomorrow. Why not wait until then before judging?

1. I'm bored right now and I saw some huge posters at e3 with a cell-shaded link on it.

2. Tomorrow I'll be WAY too busy scouring for PS4/Xbone news.

3. I'm actually interested in this topic. Not to mention that this thread will get almost zero responses by tomorrow.

Around the Network

while WW was my least favorite zelda game and i'm not excited at all for it...

...i just want to say that if a game is going to get a re-release THIS is how you do it. i've played quite a few of the ps3 HD collection (..as i never had a ps2) and while a appreciate the ability to play good games they are painfully ugly at times. i wish they got half the love WW is getting.

Imo, the only reason why they're making this remake is beacuse they want to offer some first-party treat in time christmas and they can't come out with anything better in a short time.
Ocarina Of Time did the trick on 3DS when the library was lacking, now they're just trying again with Wind Waker.

As one of many Zelda fans who never owned a Cube and thus never played Wind Waker, Wind Waker HD is a huge deal for me. It's like an all-new title. And since they are really upgrading the visuals, it should play great even by today's standards.

Despite how good WW is, this HD version still feels like a cheap cop-out. An HD Twilight Princess would have been amazing or HD LoZ:OoT (of course they did the same with that on 3DS). Due to WW's cartoonish style it just seems like it's getting the HD treatment simply because it's the easiest, quickest Zelda to convert to HD and for no other reason.

And what WiiU desperately needs, is something to prove it's unique selling feature - the gamepad. HD gaming is now sooo last generation, and many fans - as seen here - have played WW in HD already. Maybe WW will do something amazing with the gamepad, but I don't think anyone here is betting on that.

WW also wasn't a strong seller (compared to other Zeldas), and I doubt being in HD will convince anyone who wasn't initially a fan to buy it now. In fact unless it's $30 it's going to seem really overpriced. How many HD compilations have appeared on 360/PS3 with three of more games converted into HD? And Nintendo expects people to be excited about getting one?

TheLastStarFighter said:
As one of many Zelda fans who never owned a Cube and thus never played Wind Waker, Wind Waker HD is a huge deal for me. It's like an all-new title. And since they are really upgrading the visuals, it should play great even by today's standards.

A Zelda fan who never owned a Gamecube.

I suppose you never owned a N64 either then.

So you've basically played TP and SS on Wii right? Maybe OOT on 3DS?