By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Since when is Israel considered a European Country?

So Israel is hosting the European u21 championship, but they're also playing in it? I know they started letting Israeli teams play in the champions league, but since when is the country considered a European Country? If they are able to play in the champions league, and the European championships than shouldn't Jordan, Syria, Iraq, and Lebanon also be allowed? 

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

Around the Network

It is not. Its just that the arab countries did not want to play football with Israel.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Isreal is an UEFA member and therefore can host or participate in any UEFA tournament (as long as they are being chosen to do so or qualify).

There are also other, non-European countries that are UEFA members such as Armenia, Azerbaijan & Kazakhstan.

The UEFA isn't the only one though *looks at the Eurovision Song Contest*

Because their population originated mostly from Europe.

Probably to keep the number of bombs in the stands down

Around the Network
impertinence said:
Probably to keep the number of bombs in the stands down

Indeed. Last Season, my home team (with two egyptian players) had to play against an israely team. The shitstorm lasted for weeks in arabic newspapers...

cause it is more western than eastern

also the forum section for this thread is wrong