By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - making SSBB (Sony STYLE)... Please, add your own

Also... No Arc the Lad?

He's even first party.

Around the Network
kingofwale said:
>Remember when Sony tried to make Crash the "next Mario/Sonic"

yeah, they gave up that and made PS1 and PS2 100 million seller. While N64 and Gamecube... and Sega....

;), You can't win them all. Crash was a cool character, it was just not milked enough

Not true, you can win them all.  Just ask Sony!  If they stopped at the ps2 they would had been up 2 for 2.  But then they made the psp (lol umd) and ps3.  So I guess you're right good point.

"Why isn't samus in a mario kart game?"

CrashMan said:
kingofwale said:
>To have al lot of these super serious characters with a Brawl like engine and gameplay.

Oh god no, you'd bet it won't be "Brawl like engine". Maybe they will use that engine for the PS2/PSP version of the game, but it will probably use the engine used in GT5.

^Missed the point

The idea is that all these very serious characters would seem well out of place if put in a Smash Brothers game. Not sure how a Racing Sim game engine could easily be applied to a brawler game, but that may just be me.

Can't say I agree or disagree with the intelligent half of what is above, because someone may have said the same thing about the first smash brothers.

It also seems like there would be a ton of clone characters with the list that is being compiled...

Yeah... that was my point.  Although I gotta say... adding a more realistic engine if your goal is a smash brothers style game is just adding something for the sake of adding something. 

The point is, it would be a totally different game.  Probably more like Marvel vs Capcom... but with an even more serious fighting engine. 

A lot of these characters tryng to knock each other off ledges would just look outright silly. 

How about master chef from Halo?

^ did you write "chef" your probably faT ....lol

^_^

Around the Network
skeezer said:
^ did you write "chef" your probably faT ....lol
LOL.

Paul said:
How about master chef from Halo?

That is 360.

kingofwale said:
>Remember when Sony tried to make Crash the "next Mario/Sonic"

yeah, they gave up that and made PS1 and PS2 100 million seller. While N64 and Gamecube... and Sega....

;), You can't win them all. Crash was a cool character, it was just not milked enough

Hey, Crash was the undisputed FACE of the original Playstation, ok?  He was one of the two reasons I bought one, and he pretty much WAS their Mario/Sonic.  He was completely great throughout the PS1's life, then they whored him out when PS2 came out.

(The other reason was the Small Soldiers game XD)

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

I'm assuming this game would be with mostly 1st/2nd party characters, with a few 3rd party cameos. In which case, my characters would be:

Jak
Spyro
Ratchet
Nariko
Kratos
Sly Cooper
Dart
Tiny Tiger
Genji
A plush-man from LBP lol
Sweet Tooth
Jersey Devil
Kannuki from Bushido blade
Rudy Roughnight

3rd party cameos:
Sora
Cloud or Sephiroth (can't be greedy)
Snake
Jin Kazama

Not TOTALLY complete...but a good start

skeezer said:
I have all crash games and loved them all

All PS1 Crash games were fantastic with Crash 2 still being one of the best platformer games I've ever played...still waiting to play a better one (and I've played SMG).

Hmm, pie.