By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Fairer method of making vg$

Let me get this out of the way first: I love the idea of vg$.  It's a great way to encourage competition on VGC and make people stick to their predictions.

However, I think our method of earning vg$ right now (by posting) is fundamentally flawed.  A post of "PS3 r teh PWNZORZ!" currently nets the same amount of vg$ as a JL epic.

I'm proposing that we cut the amount earned per post in half, but, underneath a person's avatar in a thread, there is an option called "Awesome!" you can click on to give that person $1 or $2 (adding to their money without subtracting from your own).  That way people like JL or Naz can get their due reward for awesome posts.

Anyone?  Any other ideas?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

or a button that says dork and it subtracts their $$

I was thinking about that, pichu, but then idiotic fanboys would automatically use it if they didn't like what someone said.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

maybe a thumbs down, thumbs up kinda system. i dont know :\

I would go for a Thumbs Up only system. This is like "Karma" on other boards. Thumbs down would be bad. I could see people ganging up and thumbing down a single user for a dumb reason. I actually think that the amount of vg$ per post is very little. I can earn hundreds from the Prediction league, a bunch from adding games to the database, but very very few from just posting.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Around the Network

Well, that just gives regular contributers, and those that continually update get more money, while those with questions and what not get less.

And then some people would be posting disguised links to their "Awesome" button as they do now for their own profiles (in order to jack up the hit count), and/or creating sockpuppet accounts to up their own vg$ amount.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

thekitchensink said:

Let me get this out of the way first: I love the idea of vg$.  It's a great way to encourage competition on VGC and make people stick to their predictions.

However, I think our method of earning vg$ right now (by posting) is fundamentally flawed.  A post of "PS3 r teh PWNZORZ!" currently nets the same amount of vg$ as a JL epic.

I'm proposing that we cut the amount earned per post in half, but, underneath a person's avatar in a thread, there is an option called "Awesome!" you can click on to give that person $1 or $2 (adding to their money without subtracting from your own).  That way people like JL or Naz can get their due reward for awesome posts.

Anyone?  Any other ideas?

There is already a system in place that rewards people for saying more, or at least they have eluded to that system existing. It was put in shortly after the huge spamgasmm posters had competing for the most VG$.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

i actually think we should get more $ per post cause it's like impossible to make any money

Something should be done, I think maybe you should get some for creating a thread.