By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft Kills Game Ownership on Xbox One

Kresnik said:
I think, even though they may link to an interesting and in-depth article, threads which simply have a link in the OP are frowned upon.

I copy-pasted the content of the article into the OP to make it a bit more thread-worthy.

forum rules // 8. Substance // bullet point 2.

Around the Network

The industry is treating us like an enemy they must defeat and subdued rather than an ally they should work with.

"-Only major con is the once-every-24 hours. This is unfortunate."

Yeah, being unable to play games on a console is a bit "unfortunate" for some of us...

OT - i think i've finally reached the point of i just don't have anything more to say. i just am at a loss..

kitler53 said:

forum rules // 8. Substance // bullet point 2.

:o

Right you are, boss!

Although, if we clamped down on the last part of that bullet point Nsanity would be perma'd by now and there wouldn't be half as many threads around the forums as there at the moment.

Kresnik said:
I think, even though they may link to an interesting and in-depth article, threads which simply have a link in the OP are frowned upon.

I copy-pasted the content of the article into the OP to make it a bit more thread-worthy.

Thanks for that! I meant to do it but had to go afk before I had the chance.

"Well certainly with the Xbox 360, we had some challenges at the launch. Once we identified that we took control of it. We wanted to do it right by our customers. Our customers are very important to us." -Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb (10/2013). Note: RRoD was fixed with the Jasper-revision 3 years after the launch of 360

"People don't pay attention to a lot of the details."-Yusuf Mehdi explaining why Xbone DRM scheme would succeed

"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it's called Xbox 360,”-Don Mattrick

"The region locking of the 3DS wasn't done for profits on games"-MDMAlliance

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
Only con I see is the connection every day. This could be the main problem here.

The rest are negligible/also adopted by Sony.

"Well certainly with the Xbox 360, we had some challenges at the launch. Once we identified that we took control of it. We wanted to do it right by our customers. Our customers are very important to us." -Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb (10/2013). Note: RRoD was fixed with the Jasper-revision 3 years after the launch of 360

"People don't pay attention to a lot of the details."-Yusuf Mehdi explaining why Xbone DRM scheme would succeed

"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it's called Xbox 360,”-Don Mattrick

"The region locking of the 3DS wasn't done for profits on games"-MDMAlliance

Damnyouall said:
sales2099 said:
Only con I see is the connection every day. This could be the main problem here.

The rest are negligible/also adopted by Sony.

To my own personal life situation, the connection thingy is my main issue. Sorry if thats blows your mind lol.

But I have a feeling the cons aren't really your problem either...you are just upset with the anti-consumer thing in general.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

This is exactly my main argument in other threads. Just far better written.

If I buy a $400-500 product I expect to do what the hell I want with it.
I don't like renting, so I'm probably done with Xbox brand. I'm keeping my 360 until I retire from gaming.

didn't some guy on twitter from MS say "we hear you". so I'm curious to know what exactly he heard.

Anyways, I'm done with xbox brand. Not going to renew my XBL membership once it is over.