By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No More Heroes For The 360!! well... originally

>It already is like the fastest selling Suda game ever I think.

That's hardly saying much at all, regardless, this game will go down as one of the best game that can't sell.

if I was Suda51, I'd release this on as many console as I can,

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network
kingofwale said:
>I mean you did see how No More Heroes sold in Japan right?

Yeah, sold about 600 copies last week, won't make to 40K (currently at 28K) in lifetime.

This game, as awesome as it is, targets COMPLETELY different crowd Wii attracts, there's no reason why it would sell well.

at least on PS360, there is hope.

No offense, but your just completely ignorant to the realities of this game and the developer.

At 28K i believe that makes it the Suda's best selling game in japan.

Do you know how many copies Killer 7 sold on the PS2 weak 1 in japan.

It's just a game that wouldn't sell anywhere else... and the way the control scheme is set up really wouldn't port well back over.

Play this game and you'll see why this game would really only work on the Wii. 

I'm sorry kingofwale but you're a deluded fanboy. Suda games have sold a whopping 7k lifetime on the massive PS2 userbase, somehow thinking it's going to sell more on the 360 - Which Japan refuses to buy, and the PS3, which has been crippling formerly large Japanese games in the sales department, is either wishful thinking, fanboy delusions, or a combination of both.

That said, people saying "it would have sold more in America" need to get over themselves. Ubisoft purposely shipped a low amount and stayed low-key with NMH because they wanted to avoid a Manhunt 2 controversey (the European version is already being censored), not too surprisingly the game pretty much sold through and is out of stock at the ubistore. I'm not quite sure how you're expecting it to sell more than what was shipped regardless of platform, it's a poor and flawed argument.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

kingofwale said:
Okay, I get why they'd put this on Wii instead of xbox360.

but why wasn't this planned first for PS360? A Japanese company picking xbox over ps3/multiplatform?

Anyway, now you think about it, if this game was on PS360, it will definitely sell more.

They probably picked Xbox originally because this game targets a North American market from the start. Judging by a Tokyo Game Show promo I saw, the game uses subtitles rather than Japanese dialog in the Japanese release (somebody contradict me if I'm wrong).

If they'd followed through with making this game on Xbox, the production cost would have soared. Either that, or Xbox fans would have turned their noses up with disdain at the graphics. Grasshopper can't afford that kind of heavy investment.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

360 fans would've turned up their noses at the graphical style.

On the 360, either your game has to be absolutely gorgeous or no one will even take a second look at it.

And yeah, if the PS2 version of Killer7 didn't outsell the GC version, I somehow doubt NMH would've had the same luck.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Around the Network

wooooo! Wrong thread!

I r teh stoopid.

It wouldn't have sold well on PS3 or 360 either. None of his games have sold particularly well. Plus, from what I've seen, it works really well on the Wii. I am surprised he considered the 360. Even though his games have abysmal sales in Japan, it would seem that he would still take Japan into account.

kingofwale said:
>I mean you did see how No More Heroes sold in Japan right?

Yeah, sold about 600 copies last week, won't make to 40K (currently at 28K) in lifetime.

This game, as awesome as it is, targets COMPLETELY different crowd Wii attracts, there's no reason why it would sell well.

at least on PS360, there is hope.

There's only 24 PS3 games that have sold more than 40k thus far in Japan, so I don't see how a game like NMH would do any better. Xbox360 is sitting at 17 games of more than 40k in Japan. Also, at 500 units a week, it'll reach 40k by the end of the year. It'll take a loooong time, but it'll get there. And since this game probably wouldn't sell many units on any console, making it for the PS3 and 360 would cost so much more, and probably wouldn't sell any more than it is now. Porting it would work, but I have a feeling fans wouldnt like the lack of "graphics" since the devs probably wouldn't bother really polishing the graphics to meet the higher specs of those consoles.

kingofwale said:
>It already is like the fastest selling Suda game ever I think.

That's hardly saying much at all, regardless, this game will go down as one of the best game that can't sell.

if I was Suda51, I'd release this on as many console as I can,

Arent you a bit too fast on judgements? Ithasn't released in Europe yet, and it's on the American market for only a bit longer than a week, and had supply issues...

Interesting, didn't seem like a wii game to me. Glad it is one though.