By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NBA 2k14 also coming to PS4 and Xbox One (but not on WiiU this year)

mii-gamer said:
i don't expect we will see a game from 2k until the Wii U has a large install base.

Large like the Xbox One and Playstation 4 (which NBA2K14 has been announced for), right?  Let's see ... what is their current install base ... 

Zero.

No, this is more likely yet another publisher recognizing that sports gamers don't sports game on Nintendo consoles.  This started with the Sega Genesis and continues to now.

Around the Network

Unfortunately the WiiU has become the Wii without the large sales. You will get some great Nintendo games and few cool third party games. If you are expecting what is on the PS3 and PS4 then you will be disappointed cause it is not going to be a multiplatform system. If Microsoft did not have Xbox Live there is no way they would have content surviving mostly on 3rd party games, however, Live was big business.

kind of sad, but I got all my NBA 2K games on PS3.

MLB dont really care as the best one still ever made is on N64, so I just play that lol.

Barozi said:

NBA 2K14 will be available on October 1 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Versions made for Xbox One and PS4 are also in the works for their launches, SVP of Basketball Operations at 2K Sports Jason Argent confirmed on a conference call earlier today.

"We are not doing a Wii U version this year," Argent said. "The decision was made internally." Argent added studio didn't have enough resources to pursue a Wii U port while also developing for next-generation consoles. Though next-generation and current generation versions of NBA 2K14 will have "some overlap," they will be "distinct."

"The common thread, of course, is the game first and foremost is based on simulation basketball," Argent said. "Both current and next-gen will be distinct, unique experiences."

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/06/nba-2k14-coming-on-oct-1-xbox-one-ps4-versions-at-launch/
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Well at least they brought up a somewhat understandable reason. Or not ?

That is the typical idiotic third party behavior.

What do you do when you want to make your games popular on a new system? Release so many untill the IP is established. It takes alot of effort, money and time to establish a series. And abandoning even for a short time results in your having to start over the process of establishing. (SHORT TERM PROFIT IS USELESS!)

What should not be done? Ignoring the system (after a single unsuccessful release) and then THINKING that people who would play your IP will simply  wait for the next one to come to the system.

People will either have bought other versions of this game  and will keep doing this so the WiiU will never have a fanbase for your IP or the userbase thinks "Why would I buy this game  I am not sure if the successor will ever come out so there is no reason to become a FAN of the series"

I wish people making the decisions would actually have a brain......

I mean just look at  Call of Duty 3 in 2006  (before it established itself on the system)  It sold 2.62 million copies on 360. And  2.13 million copies on Wii (Wii came out 2006  VS xbox360 which came out  in 2005 a year prior! = should have had a bigger install base back then!)

Abandoning the Wii  resulted in the franchise never becoming BIG on Wii and returning to it  will never have the same effect as keeping the support. They have to start over from the scratch in making it BIG but they never really could be bothered to do it.

Modern Warfare sold 6.31 on 360 the Wii version came out 2 years later and just sold 1.47 million units.   Thats what you get for being stupid third party......

superchunk said: 1."They are likely using a new engine that didn't with WiiU support out the box. By next year they'll have that added and WiiU will be no issue."

Then: 2."Based on a PS360 code port. They want it to be based on the rest of next-gen code."

And finally: 3."idk... maybe rols right and it doesn't matter in long run as Nintendo is only one not following the line with DRM so they are out of everything, especially this year to force as much adoption of MSony as they can."

Ohh superchunk you really are grasping at straws.

By the way I'm counting that for my list, from our little argument yesterday. Cheers.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!