By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If You Could Change One Thing About The Wii

All games should have the option of using the classic controller. It shouldn't be mandatory to use the wiimote and nunchuk.

The fact that the online service isn't like Xbox live is actually a blessing in disguise as it means that I don't have to pay to endure the lame ass remarks of a bunch of teenagers while I'm trying to play a game.

Consoles owned: Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PSP, DS, PS3

Around the Network

1. Pretty much everything to do with online. Friend codes=gone. Give me voice chat. Give me an account to tie myself to and a friend list. They could easily just disable these features by default and let us use parental controls to disable them.

2. Hard drive support+demo downloads.

3. Little bit better graphics card and more RAM, though that's not a biggie.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
makingmusic476 said:
I would've upgraded the ram, processor, and GPU. I'm sure they're making more than enough off of each Wii that they sell at $250, so they could've upgraded these components quite a bit without going in the red. Considering that the GC and N64 were launched at only $200 and sold at a profit, despite having major hardware upgrades over their predecessors, then the Wii must cost well under $200 to manufacture. Why not make it perform a bit better, all the while still making profit? I think they could've made the system half as strong as the 360/ps3, and they could've still sold it at a nice profit at $250.

It seems to me as if Nintendo priced the Wii at what they thought they could get, rather than what it is worth, from a hardware standpoint. I must say that it has really worked out for them.

Probably Nintendo was pissed off that they tried with some of the best hardware two generations in a row that people didn't care about :/

rocketpig said:
I would toss out Friends' Codes and add in an XBL-type system with integrated voice chat, cross-game invites, etc.

imagine if that were the case, smash brawl would be the definite online game

Including a wireless "regular" controller. Buying an extra GC controller to play SSBB is ridiculous.

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

Around the Network

@valen200, no i'm know secret Nintendo researcher, just wanted to see who wants what. friend codes and hard drives seem to be at the top of everyones list.

Bigger hard drive. Although, if you give me more room I will fill it up again. Ironic huh?

@wenlan: You mean, the Wavebird, Nintendo's wireless controller? Then again they don't sell it in the US anymore...blarg

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

Chadius said:
@wenlan: You mean, the Wavebird, Nintendo's wireless controller? Then again they don't sell it in the US anymore...blarg

Yes.  Why don't they release a new controller that looks more like a Wii accessory? 

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

makingmusic476 said:
I would've upgraded the ram, processor, and GPU. I'm sure they're making more than enough off of each Wii that they sell at $250, so they could've upgraded these components quite a bit without going in the red. Considering that the GC and N64 were launched at only $200 and sold at a profit, despite having major hardware upgrades over their predecessors, then the Wii must cost well under $200 to manufacture. Why not make it perform a bit better, all the while still making profit? I think they could've made the system half as strong as the 360/ps3, and they could've still sold it at a nice profit at $250.

It seems to me as if Nintendo priced the Wii at what they thought they could get, rather than what it is worth, from a hardware standpoint. I must say that it has really worked out for them.

I wanna say they were making around $20 at launch for every Wii sold in Japan. They really could not have upped the over all specs any signiificant amount without dropping to the red without Wii Sports.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Support for usb hdd.