By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII VERSUS won't be in E3

Probably for the same reason it isn't on Amazon for pre-order anymore.

I am betting it had a name change.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
You don't announce surprises...

I suppose Sony and MS will have no games because not listed them all...

This.  Publishers will only list games that they've gave previous information on whether they're coming out or not.  We already know about every game on the Square Enix listing, and while we know about FF Versus 13, we haven't had information on it for years, so they're pretty much keeping us in the dark on it.  Who knows, Just Cause 3 could show up at the event because it's not like Square Enix has officially unveiled it like any of the others they're listing.  Maybe E3 could be the official unveiling of that too. 

We won't know what the full line up is until E3. 

Personally, I don't care about FF Versus 13 any longer.  Same with The Last Guardian.  I've completely lost interest in both because of the constant delays of information.  Even if these games do show this E3 and release later this year, the damage is already done.  I'll purchase the games, but it'll be once they're $20.  If they didn't change these titles into Duke Nukem Forever: Final Fantasy or Duke Nukem Forever: Team Ico, they would possibly had me buying them on day one.  Leaving us in the dark for so long, though?  Fuck them.  They shouldn't have showed anything about the games if they were going to take their slow ass time and not releasing the game for 10 years from then.

VXIII said:

Lightning Return... 

*Please be excited,  please*

I doubt anyone is excited for anything in the FF13 series.  After Lightning Returns, FF13-4.  Lightning Returns Again!

Wright said:
darkknightkryta said:
Wright said:
KylieDog said:

Perhaps.

But I lost faith in Square-Enix a long time ago. Besides, I've never understand the buzz for this game at all. It looks like an alternative version of XIII to me. Nothing special, really.

When they first showed it off, it looked like a successor to Final Fantasy 7 in style.  That was then, now, I'm not sure anyone really would care about the game anymore.

That's my complain. If they had showed any gameplay that one could call, well, revolutionary, I could understand why people want this. But no, they showed a trailer in CGI motion. And that's all what fans had had to preserve the hype. I personally don't understand it.

?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkZvdT3QS4k

Wright said:
darkknightkryta said:
Wright said:
KylieDog said:

Perhaps.

But I lost faith in Square-Enix a long time ago. Besides, I've never understand the buzz for this game at all. It looks like an alternative version of XIII to me. Nothing special, really.

When they first showed it off, it looked like a successor to Final Fantasy 7 in style.  That was then, now, I'm not sure anyone really would care about the game anymore.

That's my complain. If they had showed any gameplay that one could call, well, revolutionary, I could understand why people want this. But no, they showed a trailer in CGI motion. And that's all what fans had had to preserve the hype. I personally don't understand it.

If you bothered to check, there is gameplay for it. Quite a lengthy trailer too. Even if you don't want the game, it doesn't make sense to me why you don't "understand the buzz".

Maybe renamed the title =0

Around the Network
TheKoreanGuy said:

If you bothered to check, there is gameplay for it. Quite a lengthy trailer too. Even if you don't want the game, it doesn't make sense to me why you don't "understand the buzz".

My head hurts. I didn't bother to check, nor I did the existence of the video Boutros posted back there. And it looks good, but I "don't understand the buzz" anyway because of how SE has been mismanaging its legacy for a while now.

By the way, my thread may be wrong. This is something interesting, and it wasn't in my list. Perhaps they actually show it.

Boutros said:
Wright said:
darkknightkryta said:
Wright said:
KylieDog said:

Perhaps.

?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkZvdT3QS4k

Huh......looks good, but it aint no megaton in terms of gameplay IMO

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

kupomogli said:
KylieDog said:

This.  Publishers will only list games that they've gave previous information on whether they're coming out or not.  We already know about every game on the Square Enix listing, and while we know about FF Versus 13, we haven't had information on it for years, so they're pretty much keeping us in the dark on it.  Who knows, Just Cause 3 could show up at the event because it's not like Square Enix has officially unveiled it like any of the others they're listing.  Maybe E3 could be the official unveiling of that too. 

We won't know what the full line up is until E3. 

Personally, I don't care about FF Versus 13 any longer.  Same with The Last Guardian.  I've completely lost interest in both because of the constant delays of information.  Even if these games do show this E3 and release later this year, the damage is already done.  I'll purchase the games, but it'll be once they're $20.  If they didn't change these titles into Duke Nukem Forever: Final Fantasy or Duke Nukem Forever: Team Ico, they would possibly had me buying them on day one.  Leaving us in the dark for so long, though?  Fuck them.  They shouldn't have showed anything about the games if they were going to take their slow ass time and not releasing the game for 10 years from then.

VXIII said:

Lightning Return... 

*Please be excited,  please*

I doubt anyone is excited for anything in the FF13 series.  After Lightning Returns, FF13-4.  Lightning Returns Again!

I would rather they release FFXIII-4: Lightning Leaves.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

So are we also saying that Deus Ex: The Fall won't be there at all? There is no legal obligation to say what games you are going to show at E3 and besides, the most likely occurrence of Versus is a trailer at Sony's press conference

This doesn't mean anything

Munkeh111 said:
So are we also saying that Deus Ex: The Fall won't be there at all? There is no legal obligation to say what games you are going to show at E3 and besides, the most likely occurrence of Versus is a trailer at Sony's press conference

This doesn't mean anything

I just checked and Murdered: Soul Suspect will make an appareance. So yeah, this might not mean anything at all.

Mods, lock this thread.