By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Evangelion 3.33

hikaruchan said:
JinxRake said:
There's something very wrong with your fandom of Eva if Death and Rebirth was enjoyable because it had 10 minutes of extra footage that wasn't covered in the series. Otherwise it's a rather confusing mess of a recap that may as well not have existed and the whole thing would have been just as well for it.

I was meaning Evagelion as a whole, not just one part of it. The sad fact is that some Anime fans focus on just one aspect of of The Eva universe manly the combate part Eva is about the characters with mecha action as a compliment to that.  

You're overreaching there Tex. Did I say that Death & Rebirth was bad on lack of combat? It was bad because it was terrible, it had bad pacing, it did not elucidate any of the series main stay mysteries, it did not evolve the characters in any way and it did almost nothing regarding the overall story except show a very short glimpse at ADAM going nuclear and the relationship between the adult females of the show.

Being a fan of something does not mean that we cannot be critical of certain aspects of it. There is no anime that I hold in higher regards than Neon Genesis Evangelion and End of Evangelion, both of which I have discussed at length online and offline for the better part of 10 years now.