By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How many have both Blu Ray/HD DVD players?

I want to know how many support both formats. I have the 360-add on, a standalone HD DVD player and my PS3s and buying movies that are exclusive to both formats now. If the movie is on both formats, I'll buy the cheaper format, but still lean Red due to the extra Web features.

What are your feelings? Do you like one over the other? I am neutral now because I do like the Blu Ray library, but love the Web features - which I use often - on the HD DVDs.

Discuss ...

Around the Network

Nope, only Blu-ray. I don't see a real point in getting HD DVD anymore, so unless something changes in favour of it, it will stay that way.

I use to but I actually sold my HD-DVD add-on player. >_>

I only have a HD DVD player

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Blu-ray only for me... no movies really interests me on HD-DVD enough for me to care.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

I have a hd dvd player on my pc and blu ray in my ps3. I like both but it seems to me that hd dvd isn't as good as blu ray.

I support regular DVD for now, I'll get blu ray later once HD DVD is officially dead.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

I have a PS3 and 2 HD-DVD players.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

blu-ray for me, HD movies aren't really that exciting for me since I've been watching them on sky HD for a while now, but the blu-ray player in my PS3 was just a bonus

As with you, madskillz, I have the 360 addon, a standalone HD-DVD player (which was essentially free), and a PS3. I also prefer HD-DVD for various reasons, but my red-to-blue ratio has become fairly even recently.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.