By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RUMOR: Sony loses NC Soft exclusive game

Well, thats if you believe Skaterboy's blog.

I sorta pressured him to reveal the lost PS3 exclusive thats gone 360 exclusive. And here's what he got....

...So according to him the game was one or perhaps the main project that NC soft has been working on. Due to weak support from Sony side and completely neglecting to help them in the developement, NC Soft went to Microsoft's office to offer a deal on it since it seemed like a lost cause.

...apparently Microsoft was quite impressed by what they showed, that they decided to bail them out of their trouble and fund the project + provide necessary support.

My thoughts? 

Sony must be fucking stupid to ignore an exclusive contract with NC Soft. Total lack of professionalism if true.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

Around the Network

Your last words were key, "if true".

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

name of the title is....?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

I thought Sony bought NC SOft or something? Or am i completely wrong?

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

Kratos said:
I thought Sony bought NC SOft or something? Or am i completely wrong?

No-no. They made an exclusive deal with Sony to make a certain amount of games for the PS3.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

Around the Network

No source link + he said she said hear say crap + the dude alias being skaterboy = the biggest bullshit if I've ever seen one.

Don't know how long it must of taken him to poop this one out, but I assume a good 12 hours at least sitting over the toilet seat.

>No-no. They made an exclusive deal with Sony to make a certain amount of games for the PS3.

and breaking the contract would cost NC soft How much? ;)

dumbest rumour ever, I vote.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

If this is true its fantastic news!

kingofwale said:
>No-no. They made an exclusive deal with Sony to make a certain amount of games for the PS3.

and breaking the contract would cost NC soft How much? ;)

dumbest rumour ever, I vote.

If NC's lawyers can prove that Sony isn't holding its part of the bargain  then NC has the rights to cancel the project. if NC's lawyers are REALLY good they could even sue Sony for breach of contract.

Oh course this is all a rumour, but don't think that contracts/deals are iron clad. Companies always protect themselves for these kind of situations.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

While this rumour doesn't hold much water, Sony is known for poor support, so it's plausible at least.