By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Command & Conquer: Tiberium

So, it appears that EA are going to attempt another First Person Shooter set in the C&C mythology. What are your expectations for such a game? I happened to play Renegade when it first hit (which is an FPS from C&C universe as well) and I happened to like it. Difference is, however, that last time around there were still quite a few brains and architects from the old Westwood studios working on it.

After Red Alert, the series (in my opinion) has showed a clear downward slant in quality and effort, so I also ask this; do you think they should "revive" Westwood and restore their capacity as dev's to work on titles and series owned solely by Westwood prior to EA's takeover? Well, I do, and it just so happens that most (if not all) of Westwood's previous members/employees are inhouse developers at EA studios in England and the US.

Are you excited about this title, and why (either way)? 

Around the Network

I'm excited as I love C+C, i'm also worried that its going to be another renegade. I didn't think that was very good.

My favorite Westwood title was Lands of Lore, great game from a great company. Tiberium looks good, but I would have to see more.

I miss Nox...

DSLover said:
I'm excited as I love C+C, i'm also worried that its going to be another renegade. I didn't think that was very good.

I completely disagree.  Renegade had the best balance for team multiplayer with 30 or 50 people at it's time.   It's still better (gameplay wise, graphics is obviously dated) than a lot of the FPS games they have out now...

The single player experience wasn't anything to get excited about though.

Around the Network

i'm looking forward to it. The multiplayer in Renegade was a lot of fun though the single player was ok (the level design in some of the single player missions were atrocious)

That Was Left-Handed

Xbox Live: Spire VII

Playstation 3 Network: Spire_VII

Omac said:
My favorite Westwood title was Lands of Lore, great game from a great company. Tiberium looks good, but I would have to see more.

Lands of Lore along with Ravenloft: Stone Prophet stand among the best rpg's in history in my book, and were the two titles that really got me into PC gaming along with Warcraft!

Westwood has shown their mettle in several grade A titles and deserve more than to produce slodge under the yoke of the most bland developer in the world (EA) in my honest opinion! 

Another great game that comes to mind is Dune 2: Building of a Dynasty. I believe this RTS came out before Warcraft. The thing about great companies is that they come and go. But you just have to see where the creative minds go to.

Mummelmann said:
Omac said:

Lands of Lore along with Ravenloft: Stone Prophet stand among the best rpg's in history in my book, and were the two titles that really got me into PC gaming along with Warcraft!

Westwood has shown their mettle in several grade A titles and deserve more than to produce slodge under the yoke of the most bland developer in the world (EA) in my honest opinion!

I thought Westwood had been disbanded, which is why all the C&C games after RA2 have sucked, and why the WW name isn't on the box of the newer C&Cs?

Yes it was disbanded. We are just reflecting on some good old games made by Westwood.