By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "An Unbiased Review" God of War: Ascension - A JayWood2010 Review

The negatives you list seem to be commonly held opinions, and are the main reasons I might never buy it, in spite of the fact I very much enjoyed GOW:A's predecessors.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

Good review Jay. I've only played the main trilogy and yet have to check out origins collection and this one. I think series deserves 3 year break now.

mutantclown said:
JayWood2010 said:
mutantclown said:

I would say

Story 6.0
Gameplay 9.0 (beat it on Titan, no patch)
Graphics 9.0 (by current PS3 standards)
Content/value: 8.5 Just for the campaign. It's cool to replay using other weapons you didn't use as much in the 1st playthrough (first time we're able to do this in a GOW game since traditionally a couple of weapons you get very far into the game) and Titan mode is a really awesome challenge. That's a good 30-35 hours as single player game. If you really get hooked on the MP mode (which I didn't care about), it could go higher.

Overall 8.4

All I can say is that I commend you fro beating it on titan mode lol  And i can certainly see why it took you 30 hours lol

Well, I played first on hard (no Trials of Archimedes patch), it took me around 13 hours to beat. Titan Mode (no patch) took me around 14 hours to beat (Trials took me 3 hours to beat, last boss 2 hours. For comparison, l beat the last boss on hard in my first try, LOL).  I replayed some sections to get all the trophies and platinum. I then beat new game plus (hard) for pure fun  using the relic that regens your health but made no upgrades to health or magic, all weapons maxed out though, it was pretty easy, took me like 5 hours to beat.

Yeah the last boss wasn't my problem.  Just the  furnace alevator and the Trials of Archimedes.  The Furnase wasnt horrible, just annoying lol  Trials of Archimedes was just -_-

JayWood2010 said:

Yeah the last boss wasn't my problem.  Just the  furnace alevator and the Trials of Archimedes.  The Furnase wasnt horrible, just annoying lol  Trials of Archimedes was just -_-

Was this after the patch where they added more checkpoints. 

green_sky said:
JayWood2010 said:

I didnt get any checkpoints -_-  The furnace is like 10 minutes of nonstop enemies flooding you and The Trials I had to kill the nagas and electric ladies, continue to the next floor and kill the next 3 waves without a checkpoint.  The first time I made it past the Electric ladies and mad it to the next floor i died and had to restart and kill the electric ladies again.  I just wanted to say screw it im done but i continued.

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
green_sky said:
JayWood2010 said:

I didnt get any checkpoints -_-  The furnace is like 10 minutes of nonstop enemies flooding you and The Trials I had to kill the nagas and electric ladies, continue to the next floor and kill the next 3 waves without a checkpoint.  The first time I made it past the Electric ladies and mad it to the next floor i died and had to restart and kill the electric ladies again.  I just wanted to say screw it im done but i continued.

I see. Seems like i misread about the checkpoints. You just get more red and green orbs. http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/26/god-of-war-ascension-patch-to-tweak-trial-of-archimedes-diffi/

I ordered this game yesterday. An online retailer here had a sale, it was €20. I loved God of War 3, which I only recently beat, so I figured "Why not?". Should be arriving any day now. Can't wait to play it actually .

S.Peelman said:
I ordered this game yesterday. An online retailer here had a sale, it was €20. I loved God of War 3, which I only recently beat, so I figured "Why not?". Should be arriving any day now. Can't wait to play it actually .

Prepare of battle with intense rage face.

green_sky said:
S.Peelman said:

Prepare of battle with intense rage face.

lol

I've been practising rage faces for days now, naturally .