By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PlayStation 4 Is More Powerful than Xbox One, Just Cause 2 Dev Says

- The PlayStation 4 performs better than the Xbox One

Just Cause 2 developer Avalanche Studios has confirmed that Sony's PlayStation 4 is more powerful than Microsoft's Xbox One, at least on paper, but that Microsoft can catch up in other areas.

Avalanche pushed the limits of current-gen platforms like PS3 or Xbox 360 with Just Cause 2, an open world game with a huge map and all sorts of possibilities.

The studio is working with both next-gen consoles, the PlayStation 4, and Xbox One and, according to its Chief Technical Officer, Linus Blomberg, the PS4 is more powerful in terms of hardware.

"The specs on paper would favor the PS4 over the Xbox One in terms of raw power, but there are many other factors involved so we’ll just have to wait and see a bit longer before making that judgment," he told Edge.

Blomberg also highlighted that Microsoft was lagging in terms of the development environment for the Xbox One in front of the PS4 but mentioned that Microsoft has been traditionally good in that area.

Around the Network

i think in literal spec wise it is, but most games multiplats will be similar across both

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

It's not even important which cosole is stronger at this point. If the PS4 sells better the Xbone ports will be a bit downgraded ( maybe 1080p vs 720p), if the Xbone sells better the PS4 won't be used to its full potential. Not dramatic either way.

KHlover said:
It's not even important which cosole is stronger at this point. If the PS4 sells better the Xbone ports will be a bit downgraded ( maybe 1080p vs 720p), if the Xbone sells better the PS4 won't be used to its full potential. Not dramatic either way.

1080 to 720 is actually pretty big, twice the number of pixels.

But much like PS3 and 360 the real difference will only be seen in exclusive titles.

Neoarc said:

- The PlayStation 4 performs better than the Xbox One

Just Cause 2 developer Avalanche Studios has confirmed that Sony's PlayStation 4 is more powerful than Microsoft's Xbox One, at least on paper, but that Microsoft can catch up in other areas.

Avalanche pushed the limits of current-gen platforms like PS3 or Xbox 360 with Just Cause 2, an open world game with a huge map and all sorts of possibilities.

The studio is working with both next-gen consoles, the PlayStation 4, and Xbox One and, according to its Chief Technical Officer, Linus Blomberg, the PS4 is more powerful in terms of hardware.

"The specs on paper would favor the PS4 over the Xbox One in terms of raw power, but there are many other factors involved so we’ll just have to wait and see a bit longer before making that judgment," he told Edge.

Blomberg also highlighted that Microsoft was lagging in terms of the development environment for the Xbox One in front of the PS4 but mentioned that Microsoft has been traditionally good in that area.

I guess you don't like to read whole sentences.

Around the Network
Fayceless said:
KHlover said:

1080 to 720 is actually pretty big, twice the number of pixels.

But much like PS3 and 360 the real difference will only be seen in exclusive titles.

Maybe it is, but unless you have a really big TV the difference is mostly mathemathical. What I wanted to say is that it won't make the PS4 multiplatform games look vasty superior, the difference in resulution only would make the image on the PS4 look a bit "cleaner" than on the Xbone^^

KHlover said:

framerate can be scaled just like a PC game since these 2 are similar architecture.  I mean I don't know why devs wouldn't boost it considering the PC versions can change framerate and such on the fly

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Ok guys, think its been established now. PS4 is more powerful.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

platformmaster918 said:
KHlover said:

framerate can be scaled just like a PC game since these 2 are similar architecture.  I mean I don't know why devs wouldn't boost it considering the PC versions can change framerate and such on the fly

I personally would prefer a lower resolution over a lower (or unstable) framerate. 720p vs 1080p isn't as noticeable (on TV) as some peope make it out to be, while a lower or even unstable framerate is a major annoyance IMO.

Old: PS4 is more powerful than Xbox One on paper – but Microsoft will catch up, says Avalanche Studios  http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=160708&page=1