By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PlayStation 4 Is More Powerful than Xbox One, Just Cause 2 Dev Says

It's an open secret that the PS4 has about 50% more graphical power.

50% more sounds quite a lot, but in practice, the differences will be hardly noticeable.

Around the Network
Nsanity said:

Old: PS4 is more powerful than Xbox One on paper – but Microsoft will catch up, says Avalanche Studios  http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=160708&page=1

Well I did thought someone made a thread about this.

MOD lock this thread plz

KHlover said:
platformmaster918 said:
KHlover said:
It's not even important which cosole is stronger at this point. If the PS4 sells better the Xbone ports will be a bit downgraded ( maybe 1080p vs 720p), if the Xbone sells better the PS4 won't be used to its full potential. Not dramatic either way.

framerate can be scaled just like a PC game since these 2 are similar architecture.  I mean I don't know why devs wouldn't boost it considering the PC versions can change framerate and such on the fly

I personally would prefer a lower resolution over a lower (or unstable) framerate. 720p vs 1080p isn't as noticeable (on TV) as some peope make it out to be, while a lower or even unstable framerate is a major annoyance IMO.

I agree was just an example because the one dev said some games could be 30fps on Xbone while 60fps on PS4

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Neoarc said:
MOD lock this thread plz

Why should it be locked? This thread is not the same as Insanity's!

Around the Network
Somini said:
Neoarc said:
MOD lock this thread plz

Why should it be locked? This thread is not the same as Insanity's!

But its the same what the Developer meant XO

I've been asked to lock this thread by Neoarc - if you want it unlocking, just give me a shout :)