By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - $299 PS3? It's not a joke ...

I wonder where TRU got the 20gb unit, they have not even sold this in NA in about 1year.

Around the Network

That is one heck of a deal if you ask me! Were I situated across the pond, I'd go for it!

Damn. To bad none of the ones near me have em.  That's a steal.

20 gig is the one i've wanted anyway since I hate wireless.

Eh, I shouldn't be spending 300 bucks anyway.

Griffin said:
I wonder where TRU got the 20gb unit, they have not even sold this in NA in about 1year.

Ask Bodhesatva he might have a clue. It is possible that some were in a warehouse somewhere. You would be surprised how often somethign turns up months after it is needed in retail.

"But as always, technology refused to be dignity's bitch."--Vance DeGeneres

http://cheezburger.com/danatblair/lolz/View/4772264960

@ Griffin
Stores often have stock they don't ship back to manufacturers. I know a few K-Marts still had 60gbs - brand new. How do I know this? I had one on layaway!

The only reason I was going to settle for the 40gb was it was essentially a swap - games for the system. Now that I have a real PS3 - one with full BC - I will just resell the 40gb PS3 altogether.

Around the Network

It's depressing that people are so eager to find a PS3 that can play PS2 games.

Girl Gamer Elite said:
It's depressing that people are so eager to find a PS3 that can play PS2 games.
 Well, why pay more for less? If you can get a good deal on a BC Ps3 then go for it.  

"But as always, technology refused to be dignity's bitch."--Vance DeGeneres

http://cheezburger.com/danatblair/lolz/View/4772264960

good point.

It's depressing when people have to come into a thread that was great and troll...

On-topic: I need to make a few calls. Since my router is in my room, I don't need wireless, and I have a 200GB 2.5" waiting to get installed into a PS3. AND FULL B/C?!?!?!? FTW!

Update: Both Toys R Us here just have 40gbs and 80gbs. No 20gbs. Matter of fact, they laughed at me - both places. One dude was laughing as he got off the phone.

@ Girl Gamer Elite
Not a lot of us are crazy about BC-less PS3s. Sure, they play PS3 games and Blu Ray movies, and weren't thrilled when Sony announced they were dropping BC. We all have our reasoning, but in the end, PS3s with BC are the only true PS3s out there. The 80gb has limited BC and the 40gb - Jesus, take the wheel. It isn't a Playstation by my standards. BC is a core value - if it's gone, what's next?

Regardless, I hope any gamer who wants a PS3 with full BC gets it. It may take some searching, but having a device with it is awesome.