By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - $299 PS3? It's not a joke ...

Here's the deal - Toys R Us has a few 20gbs left - and they are just $299. You can't get it online, but some stores still have them. I think that makes it the cheapiest Blu Ray player (and cheapiest PS3) on the market.

Full BC, and has the Talladega Nights Blu Ray - and if you bought it tonight, you could still get the free Blu Ray movies!

Source: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2549777 

Around the Network

!!!!!!!

Uh ... excuse me while I make a few calls .....

I was kinda expecting you to tell us that there was gonna be a 300$ price cut...

It's good if you don't mind the small size/replacing with larger and the no wifi.

Dammit, just called around and no one in my area had them (only 2 within 5 miles of me). Screw you for getting my hopes up madskillz. >_>

Around the Network

WTF!

This Toys R Us near me said YES they have 20gb, but they are $500???

Christ, it was a clueless employee guaranteed. 

Wifi is horrible for gaming and media sharing. Wired is tried and true, and I would actually opt for wired over wifi any day. And you can upgrade the drive. It is, with the 60gb PS3, the best PS3s made.

As an owner of all three consoles, I wish my Wii had a network connection. I trust wifi this -- much.

Give me wired FTW!

Dolla Dolla said:

WTF!

This Toys R Us near me said YES they have 20gb, but they are $500???

Christ, it was a clueless employee guaranteed.

Jeeze.  That's ridiculous.  He must have been thinking of the 80GB.

that title caught me off guard. I thought another price cut happened. Anyways, good deal for the ppl with lower budgets

madskillz said:
Wifi is horrible for gaming and media sharing. Wired is tried and true, and I would actually opt for wired over wifi any day. And you can upgrade the drive. It is, with the 60gb PS3, the best PS3s made.

As an owner of all three consoles, I wish my Wii had a network connection. I trust wifi this -- much.

Give me wired FTW!

Well, wifi in general works great for me on the Wii (never had it go out during online play), but my DSL 2Wire is right next to my HDTV.  A freaking 3 foot ethernet cord would be enough to hook up a 20GB PS3 for me, and the full non-emulation BC makes it much better than even the 80GB to me.