By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft always online REALLY!?

Everyone knows by now the Xbox One requires a constant 24 hours connection to the internet.

So why is it that gamers are being bullied into this? Basically what this means is you OWN 50% of the console.

I have never ever bought a console where I didn't own 100% of it. Discuss.

Around the Network

I'm not so sure about the "constant" connection part. I thought it was once every 24 hrs.... I guess that is pretty much forcing you to have constant connection if you want functionality. I really don't like the idea of that. that bothers me more than used game fees. I can deal with that if it will help dev studios. But always online, doesn't really sound too good to me, but I can't say that I won't change my mind about it in the future. I am indeed always online when I play games. It just feels different when it's no longer an option.

cannonballZ said:
I'm not so sure about the "constant" connection part. I thought it was once every 24 hrs.... I guess that is pretty much forcing you to have constant connection if you want functionality. I really don't like the idea of that. that bothers me more than used game fees. I can deal with that if it will help dev studios. But always online, doesn't really sound too good to me, but I can't say that I won't change my mind about it in the future. I am indeed always online when I play games. It just feels different when it's no longer an option.

Terrible decision makings that is destroying our rights.

Yes really.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(