By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Why Oval/Stock Car Racing is Awesome

Rafux said:
How come crashing more often is a plus? I mean isn't about driving anymore? Is like the monster truck shows or what?

I don't like F1 either but even I can see why is more popular and respected.

I'm not saying it's necessarily a plus but it's a by-product of close racing. For some it's the only reason they watch for others like me we watch for the hard racing and if a crash or 10 happen then thats cool too.  The fact is the closer you race the more likely you are going to crash and you don't race in close quarters often in F1.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

Around the Network

don't mind nascar but still prefer this:

Daryl Waltrip (NASCAR CHAMP) view of V8 and Bathurst:

Cobretti2 said:

I was lmao at the Darrell clip when I saw it live. V8 Supercars are my favorite road course series sadly I miss alot of the races.

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

BlowoverKing said:
Cobretti2 said:

I was lmao at the Darrell clip when I saw it live. V8 Supercars are my favorite road course series sadly I miss alot of the races.

V8s went to america last round for the first time, i think to texas?

Small crowd total, like 68,000 over 3 days.

Cobretti2 said:
BlowoverKing said:
Cobretti2 said:

V8s went to america last round for the first time, i think to texas?

Small crowd total, like 68,000 over 3 days.

Yep I watched it. It had a small crowd but they were a hardcore bunch cheering every pass for position. Next year hopefully word gets out and it gets a larger crowd.

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:

Daryl Waltrip (NASCAR CHAMP) view of V8 and Bathurst:

*video*

Bwahaha, and the driver isn't really pushing. What would he say if he was the co-driver of one of this guys?

^^
Wow @ that hill climb video!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

If I want to see crashes I'll just watch a compilation on youtube. The races themselves...let's just say I prever actual tracks over ovals...

haven't seen nascar or any oval racing but I m a fan of F1 and track racing. what fascinates me about F1 is team work, strategy and Engineering, Overtakes, crashes are very few and that what makes them special, overtaking on corner keeping ur focus while cornering at high speeds for more than 50 laps.. it is the highest pedigree of high speed racing and adrenaline rush.. and these are just few points