By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Some Games Could be 60fps on PS4 and 30fps on Xbox One – Jonathon Blow

So?

I want 1080p 60fps!! 100 78.13%

I'll be old school next ... 7 5.47%

I'm a noob, what do these mean?!? 2 1.56%

Not enough, must be 4k 120fps, or no buy!!!! 18 14.06%

Total:127
ethomaz said:
Muffin31190 said:

“I think the RAM helps a lot but there are other important hardware+system things happening,” blow tweeted. “But you might also get a scenario where games run at 60 on one machine, 30 on the other…”

Just a heads up RAM doesnt Have a whole lot to do with Frame Rate, i mean ofcourse it helps, but the main component that effects framerate is the Processor. Now i could be wrong with how the architecture works on these new consoles but generally in PC gaming thats how it works, not saying i'm a computer genius but i have built my own rig. And one more thing he never specifically said which console runs it better it could be either one.

The GPU itself is 50% more powerlful in PS4 (like HD 7700 to HD 7800 difference)... and the Xbone CPU will be a lot more occupied with TV stuffs than the PS4 CPU.

True that and also they might have dedicated processing power especially since the XBone has kinect 2.0 involved in so many aspects of the interface so it might take away from the actual game itself :/. Its is a bummer that a peripheral can really take away from a gaming experience as much as it gives.

Around the Network

I will try do explain what he is talking using real numbers...

EricFabian said:
4k 120fps or goodbye consoles forever

This is why have PC's, so we dont have to rely on consoles for that :P

of course PS4 games will run at a higher frame rate, its basically 2 fairly identical PCs, but one with a faster graphics card in, if this was a PC comparison, it wouldn't even be a question it would just be obvious.

And that is exactly what these 2 consoles are identical x86 processor PCs with different rated Radeon graphics cards.

the extra frames per second is nice, but isn't usually a deciding factor for me when I purchase a game. for instance, GTA V, i could care less if it ran at 30 fps, I will enjoy the hell out of that game.

Around the Network

16k at 1000FPS or dead on arrival

Xenostar said:
of course PS4 games will run at a higher frame rate, its basically 2 fairly identical PCs, but one with a faster graphics card in, if this was a PC comparison, it wouldn't even be a question it would just be obvious.

And that is exactly what these 2 consoles are identical x86 processor PCs with different rated Radeon graphics cards.

This is it. 

PS4 games will run better than XBO games every time with no extra effort. 3rd parties would actually have to do more work to cut it down to make sure it was identical. If sony can put together any kind of lead in software sales you can bet every game will be signifigantly better on PS4. Otherwise the old money hatting of select games will have to do. 

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

KBG29 said:
Xenostar said:

This is it. 

PS4 games will run better than XBO games every time with no extra effort. 3rd parties would actually have to do more work to cut it down to make sure it was identical. If sony can put together any kind of lead in software sales you can bet every game will be signifigantly better on PS4. Otherwise the old money hatting of select games will have to do. 

if PC games can be adjusted in framerate and resolution and such by the user on the fly then why wouldn't a developer be able to change the FPS or some other effects and then finalize that game for PS4 if they're so similar.  That's what I don't get about people saying they will have to make it for both adn they have to be equal.  What you guys said makes perfect sense and the only reason I could see it not coming true is if MS has some ridiculous stipulation like when they make people release before or at the same time on XBL or not at all.  It's time devs take a stand and say "no MS we're using this system to its fullest potential and putting the game out when it's ready.  If you don't like it then we'll just get them to hype us up as an exclusive."

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

cannonballZ said:
the extra frames per second is nice, but isn't usually a deciding factor for me when I purchase a game. for instance, GTA V, i could care less if it ran at 30 fps, I will enjoy the hell out of that game.

Oh boy.. you should go back to 14372634 older threads here in the forum. Watch all those people fighting over "My Box has 2fps more than your box". This was basically the key argument over the years why "my p.. is bigger than your p.."

Yeah specs will do that, now I want my unique games. I'm looking at you Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft.

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke