By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - SSBB Conspiracy Theory

We have been told for a few weeks now that SSBB would have "limited" shipments... Here somes the trickery by big N... They said that so everyone would go out and buy up the limited stock!

Famitsu commented that this type of hoopla was usually only reserved for FF games... And That Lipton Store w/ 800 preorders mysterously came more copies... I don't know, but maybe Nintendo sent ALOT more copies than originally indicated. I am thinking over a million... conspiracy theory end...

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

yeah, that's my feelings. I think Nintendo saw a major pr disaster if they didn't send at least 1m units on day one. Probably all retailers started complaining. So Nintendo re-allocated their disc printing to put out double the original plan.

so, 750,000 on day one!!!

I'm thinking no conspiracy, Nintendo just didn't think they would be able to meet demand and thought it would be best to take a conservative stance.

Maybe 600,000 on day one, first day US shipments will be 2 million.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

maybe they wanted to ease their servers in. Having 750,000 people all log onto brand new virtually untested servers all at once, when they have very limited experience in that field would probably be pretty harsh. Maybe they just want to have a first wave to try it out, and then wait half a week and let the rest on.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

Not another SSBB thread...

They said there would be limited shipments? Was this common knowledge? It'd have to be, in order to back a conspiracy theory. I might have just been oblivious to the announcement, heh.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Squall_Leonhart said:
Not another SSBB thread...

If you don't like then don't spam, ok? kkthxbye

On-topic: Thinking about it, that would be a quite clever move by Nintendo... low and dirty... but clever. It would also give them good press by saying "Guess what fans? We made more SSBB copies for you! We are SO good!"

No conspiracy. Just shrewd business.

sorry about my poor grammer. I am typing while doing some work on the phones.

What my me start thnk about this is when I heard that Lipton(the Japanese retailer w/ 800 preorders and only 150 SSBB) said that they were contacted Sunday(they annouced they would not have enough friday or saturaday) by Nintendo and that they would be able to meet their preorders...

sounds like Nintendo just pulled a buttload of SSBB to the Market to be... I am not gonna get crazy w/ numbers, but Famitsu compared it the hysteria of a FF launch, and FF launches are Usually 2 - 2.5 million first week.

I am think 800k first day with another Major shipment of 300-400k this weekend(still counted in week since Japanese week ends sunday) and if they sell out we could be looking at 1.1-1.2 or so first week... that definitly does not seem out of reason.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut